Ready to make an impact? If so, read on!
Are you looking for an exciting career opportunity? The GEICO Financial Systems support team, which supports the Corporate Office of Finance, has exciting opportunities for an analyst to join our team! The position involves analysis and testing for Financial system projects, which could include new applications and/or the support of corporate initiatives which impact Financial processing. The team is looking for an analyst with up to one year of Workday financials experience, or a new college graduate looking for an exciting and challenging opportunity in a corporate financial systems career. The position will provide many opportunities to work on new and exciting initiatives and provide exposure to many facets of company operations which impact corporate financial processing and reporting.
- Analyze functional and system processes
- Participate in the development of business requirements for financial and treasury system projects
- Business process review and documentation
- System setup, configuration and troubleshooting
- Create and execute test plans
- Act as liaison between users and IT to coordinate system activities
- Provide system support and training to users company-wide
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or business information systems with a financial focus
- Understanding of accounting and financials concepts
- Proven analytical and problem-solving ability
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate with a group of experienced diverse professionals
- Experience with financial and/or cash systems and an understanding of accounting concepts is strongly desired
- Experience with the systems development life cycle, and systems analysis, design and testing on multiple platforms
- Experience with reporting tools and the Microsoft Office suite, including MS project and Visio
The ideal candidate(s) will be able to work independently given general direction and also thrive in a team environment that is constantly changing. Multiple positions are available. Salary commensurate with experience and skills of selected candidate.
Note: The safety of our associates, both current and future, is GEICO’s highest priority. At this time, most of our associates are working remotely due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area. Once GEICO determines it is safe for associates to return to the office, candidates may be required to work in our Chevy Chase, MD office.