Job Title: Part-Time Human Resources Generalist (Bilingual Spanish/English)
Department: Human Resources
Location: Providence, RI
Reports to: Human Resources Director
We’re looking for an experienced, bilingual HR Generalist who is responsible for providing all areas of human resources support and services to the employees and management in a manufacturing environment.
Essential Functions/Major Duties & Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bilingual Spanish skills are REQUIRED..
- Source, screen and work hiring managers to select the highest caliber candidates available while staying within budget guidelines
- Maintain regular communication with hiring managers regarding open positions to ensure the best possible candidates are selected in the shortest possible time-period
- Develop and maintain referral sources and a qualified applicant pool for multi-incumbent jobs to reduce hiring time.
- Conduct new hire orientation and on-boarding process
- Consult with managers on performance management: goal setting, feedback and appraisal. Work with managers on difficult performance issues and progressive discipline.
- Provide advice and counsel on employee relations issues and employee inquiries with guidance from HR Director
- Conduct employee presentations as needed, e.g. benefits, new policies and programs etc.
- Consult with managers and employees on employee development issues including outside training, on-the-job training and coaching
- Work with Training and Development to lead and conduct HR program and managerial skills training for local installation, including areas such as HR policies, interviewing & selection, performance management and employee development
- Provide guidance and direction on pay issues. Assist in the administration of a performance based compensation program
- Consult with employees and managers on basic employee benefit issues.
- Consult with employees and managers on basic Payroll issues
- Work as team with other HR staff on HR projects and initiatives. Represent local installation and provide ideas and perspective
- Provide local direction to Program Office Administrator on all HR administrative responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required which include but are not limited to:
- 3-5 years of experience in a Human Resources generalist role
- Experience in sourcing, screening and selection
- Solid knowledge of federal/state employment law with experience handling employee relations issues
- Payroll and benefit experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Ability to work in a fast paced growing and changing environment/ able to adapt quickly
- Even tempered
- Self-motivated and confident
This job operates in a professional office within a manufacturing environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hand to handle tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, Standard office hours are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 7:00-3:30 with a 30-minute break for lunch.
The job description above is intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed; it is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Continued employment is on an at-will basis.