Associate, HR Generalist – Summer Internship
ABOUT FINANCIAL HEALTH NETWORK
Make an impact in the financial lives of millions with our growing organization. The Financial Health Network (formerly the Center for Financial Services Innovation) is the leading authority on financial health. We envision a future where all people, especially those who are most vulnerable, have the day-to-day financial systems they need to be resilient and thrive. We are a trusted resource for business leaders, policymakers and innovators united in a mission to improve the financial health of their customers, employees and communities. Through groundbreaking research, advisory services, measurement tools, and opportunities for cross-sector collaboration, we advance awareness, understanding and proven best practices in support of improved financial health for all. With offices in Chicago, New York, and Washington, DC, Financial Health Network is a fast paced, highly collaborative environment, seeking people who share our values: Innovation; Passion; Excellence; Impact; Directness; Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
Financial Health Network’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is central to our talent acquisition approach and processes. Our mission to improve financial health for all, especially the most vulnerable, can only be accomplished through a diverse population of employees at all levels who are representative of the many communities we seek to impact. We strive to recruit, hire, develop, empower, and retain talented individuals at all levels across various dimensions of diversity and intersectionality including, but not limited to, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, neurodiversity, disability status, veteran status, and citizenship. We welcome and need your unique voice and look forward to having you join our team!
SCOPE OF ROLE
This is an exciting opportunity to join the newly formed, small but mighty Human Resources team at the Financial Health Network for 8-10 weeks beginning in June 2021. The Human Resources Summer Associate will have the opportunity to contribute across multiple areas of HR including but not limited to talent acquisition, compliance, benefits, onboarding, and performance/talent management efforts. The successful candidate will be able to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and have a passion for learning. They will approach their work with an eye towards continuous improvement and be excited about helping to build a world-class HR function that provides an optimal employee experience for all staff at the Financial Health Network.
This internship is a full-time, paid position. The intern is expected to work 40 hours/week for a duration of 10 weeks in the summer of 2021. Start and end dates are flexible.
Remote, Chicago-based preferred
What You’ll Learn and Achieve
The Summer Associate may support the Talent Team with tasks such as:
- Partner with HR and business leaders to enhance the candidate and hiring manager experience throughout the recruiting process
- Support HR with Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion process improvement initiatives to embed company mission and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion into every step of the full cycle recruitment process
- Develop and maintain various reports/metrics for candidate referral sources and posting sites/resources
- Support HR to develop tools for hiring managers such as a library of competency-based interview questions
- Special projects as assigned/requested
Human Resources Metrics
- Support the overall enhancement of performance reporting at the organization by collecting and compiling important HR metrics data from a variety of sources including the human resource information system (HRIS), performance management and Applicant Tracking systems
- Partner with HR and benefits broker to support employee benefits data collection for benefits benchmarking and annual renewal of health insurance prior to open enrollment
- Help maintain the HRIS database by reorganizing and modifying custom reporting
Employee Engagement and Virtual Culture
- Support the expansion of HR-backed Health & Wellness initiatives by promoting existing wellness benefits
- Facilitate new activities to provide connection and sustain morale during the extended remote working arrangement
- A commitment to the mission of the Financial Health Network and a desire to positively impact the trajectory of a highly-impactful, national nonprofit
- Knowledge of and/or experience in HR with a desire to learn a people-centered approach across various core HR functions
- A commitment to embedding Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion across all internal and external stakeholder relationships
- A high degree of comfort with technology and the ability (desire) to learn new software fast
- Expert MS Office and Google software skills and strong technical/computer skills
- Strong collaborator with excellent organization and people skills, and the ability to set priorities, problem-solve, and multi-task while paying attention to detail
- High degree of flexibility to work in an innovative, fast-paced environment and readily embrace change
- Demonstrated ability to earn trust and appropriately handle confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, productively engaging with others at all levels within the organization
- Superior grammar, editing and proofreading skills
Undergraduate rising senior, recent college graduate, or graduate school student.