Exponent is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm that brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve the most pressing and complicated challenges facing stakeholders today. Our vision is to engage the brightest scientists and engineers to empower clients with solutions for a safe, healthy, sustainable and technologically complex world. We leverage over 50 years of experience in analyzing accidents and failures to advise clients as they innovate their technologically complex products and processes, ensure the safety and health of their users, and address the challenges of sustainability.
We offer opportunities for you to expand your engineering or scientific knowledge amidst experts from top programs at over 500 universities. At Exponent, you will apply your experience, technical skills, and prior academic research to a fulfilling career in consulting. You will have the opportunity to develop continuously through formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and involvement in a wide array of projects. We are excited about your interest in joining our growing team!
- 1100+ Team members
- 900+ Consultants
- 550+ Ph.D.s
- 30+ Offices globally
We are currently seeking a Cyber Security Associate for our Electrical Engineering & Computer Science Practice in Menlo Park, CA. In this role, you will work as part of a team to build solutions that integrate the best available technology from the commercial world with in-house development to quickly address our clients’ capability gaps. Exponent has been a successful provider of conceptually innovative and urgently required solutions to the U.S. Department of Defense and international defense community for over a decade. Our current work in this area revolves around helping our clients design and implement safeguards, systems, and processes to enhance data collection, analytics, and security while mitigating risk from both physical and cyber threats. Current clients include commercial businesses in the Silicon Valley and beyond, Industrial and Infrastructure sector clients, and Federal agencies responsible for safeguarding national security.
You will be responsible for:
- Cyber security and vulnerability research
You will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or a related field (New Graduates or Soon to be Graduates are encouraged to apply)
- Strong hands-on engineering and research ability
- Problem solver
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with science and engineering communication and outreach
- Experience with and an interest in hardware security, network communications and security, cryptography
- Advanced software experience in one or more of the following languages: C/C++, Python, Java, Swift
- Ability to learn new computer languages as needed
- Ability to work independently and in multidisciplinary teams
- Our contracts with the United States Government for this position require proof of U.S. citizenship and the possession of or ability to obtain a DoD security clearance
- Experience developing apps for Android and iOS
- Experience with and/or an interest in Machine Learning, Computer Vision, or Natural Language Processing
- Experience with and/or an interest in cloud computing environments
- Experience with and/or an interest in open source intelligence collection and analysis
- Ability to perform machining, soldering, and rapid fabrication of components, test fixtures, and equipment
- Experience with and/or an interest in 3D printing
- Experience with sensor systems, sensors integration, and rapid system development for data acquisition
- Ability to test systems and components for reliability, durability, and security
To learn more about life at Exponent and our impact, please visit the following links:
We value and encourage diversity and inclusivity across all facets of our firm. Having a team built of people with different backgrounds, skills and perspectives allows us to provide better value to our clients and enjoy an enriched work environment.
Our firm is committed to offering a variety of programs and resources to support health and well-being. We believe that providing competitive benefits as well as compensation and recognition programs empowers our staff to do work that makes a difference.
Exponent is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at +1 (650) 688-6968 or email email@example.com.