ERM is seeking a motivated Engineer/Scientist to join our consulting team in Ewing, NJ. The successful candidate will work on a variety of interesting technical projects for clients in the oil & gas, power, chemical, and manufacturing sectors throughout the North Atlantic region. The primary role includes support of ongoing work with existing clients in the fields of air quality, climate change,and performance assurance.
This is an excellent career opportunity to work with an expert consulting team on challenging environmental management, climate change, and sustainability projects for large industrial and global clients. The position also provide a networking opportunity for ERM’s national experts in various technical communities who will share knowledge of best practices across the industry and ongoing learning opportunities.
- Conduct analyses in various subject matters (e.g. air, climate change, water, and land use), assess regulatory applicability and compliance, and perform regulatory applicability evaluations.
- Provide assistance to the development of climate advisory projects including the development of prefeasibility assessments; calculating GHG inventories (Scope 1 and 2, with particular emphasis on Scope 3); emissions reductions levers such as energy efficiency measures, options for green power purchasing, onsite renewables; and estimating costs thereof.
- Independently conduct site visits to operating industrial facilities.
- Conduct historical research and review environmental records.
- Develop complete and accurate air quality permits for minor sources, as well as Title V, PSD, and New Source Review compliance. Verbal and written interaction with local regulators to steward permit application review and issuance.
- Prepare emission inventory reports; quantify emissions/concentrations and impacts.
- Evaluate pollution control technologies, including technical and economic feasibility of pollution control equipment.
- Implement climate change projects, such as greenhouse gas inventories, emission reductions, energy efficiency, public disclosure and verification.
- Perform multiple tasks within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
- Interact and maintain successful relationships with clients, ERM employees, and subcontractors.
BS degree in engineering, environmental science, sustainability, natural resources management, or other relevant disciplines. MS degree is a plus.
0 to 2 years of experience. Direct consulting or industry experience a plus.
Knowledge of Environmental, Health, and Safety standards a plus.
Strong hands-on spreadsheet and database comprehension.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Strong analytical skills, ability to think strategically, analyze and synthesize diverse qualitative and quantitative data and information.
Interest to work on several tasks at the same time, maintain flexibility, travel, and work independently and as part of a project team.
Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, handling multiple project assignments, meeting strict deadlines, and traveling to client facilities as needed.
Who We Are:
As the world’s leading sustainability consulting firm, ERM is uniquely positioned to contribute to the environment and society through the expertise and energy of our employees worldwide. Sustainability is what we do, and is at the heart of both our service offerings and how we operate our business. ERM and our partners are driven by a dynamic vision: By 2021 we will be the clear leader in our chosen markets, we will double in value and we will deliver on our promises to our clients, our people and our investors. For our people, our vision means attracting, inspiring, developing and rewarding our people to work with the best clients and on the biggest challenges, thus creating valuable careers. We achieve our vision in a sustainable manner by maintaining and living our ERM values that include Accountability, Caring for our People, Client Focus, Collaboration, Empowerment, and Transparency.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!