Incumbent assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and documents care of participants in accordance with policies and standards, utilizing the framework for professional nursing practice and development. Position utilizes specialized knowledge, judgment, and nursing skills necessary to assess data and plan, provide and evaluate care appropriate to the participant.
- Assesses participant and reviews participant history. Reviews available information obtained by other IDT members and diagnostics and laboratory data and reports abnormal results to the physician(s) and other appropriate caregivers. Completes assessment and reassessments according to participant need.
- Formulates a plan of care, utilizing assessment data and participant, family and IDT input. Initiates a plan of care based on participant-specific needs, assessment data and the medical plan of care. Plans care in collaboration with members of the multidisciplinary team. Reviews and revises the plan of care to reflect changing participant needs based on evaluation of the participants status.
- Implements the plan of care through direct participant care, coordination, delegation and supervision of the activities of the health care team. Provides care based on physician orders and the nursing plan of care. Promotes continuity of care by accurately and completely communicating to other caregivers the status of participants for whom care is provided.
- Provides skilled nursing care for assigned patients in home care environment from start of care planning and implementation to infusion care.
- Administers prescribed medications, starts intravenous fluids and provides basic patient care or treatments.
- Evaluates the participant’s and family’s response to care and teaching, and revises the plan of care as needed. Evaluates participant progress towards goals and expected outcomes in collaboration with other health care team members. Evaluates participant’s response and the effectiveness of participant teaching.
- Documents assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation in the participant record.
- Performs wound care and maintains wound vacuum-assisted closure (V.A.C.)
- Ability to pass a fit test. Position requires mask where seal is critical. Incumbent is required to not have facial hair that interferes with a tight seal of the respirator.
- Frequent local travel.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Registered Nurse currently licensed in the Commonwealth of MA.
- New grads welcome
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office tools.
- Ability to travel locally on a frequent basis in a personal vehicle.
- Ability to be able to quickly recognize situations/problems before they become acute, and to be able to implement effective solutions and understand consequences.