- Investigate merits of securities (equities, mutual funds, ETFs) for inclusion in client portfolios
- Report and defend investment recommendations to the Investment Team
- Prepare options trades and other asset protection strategies for clients, communicate orders to executing brokers, and monitor prices during holding periods
- Participate actively in Investment Team meetings
Marketing Support and Client Meetings
- Write articles for Investment Perspectives and possibly other publications
- Update investment marketing and presentation material for internal and external use
- Participate in periodic meetings with clients, including multi-client seminars and one-on-one meetings alongside a relationship manager
Regulatory and Audit Compliance
- Participate in reviews of client accounts to ensure compliance with objectives and models
- Meet with internal auditors and provide required documentation; propose and implement revised or new policies and procedures as agreed between Investment Team and auditors
Securities Trading Oversight and Backup
- Supervise trades executed by junior members of the Investment Team to ensure good prices
- Execute purchase and sale of equity or fixed income orders, and coordinate with Operations to ensure settlement, when traders are unavailable
Training and Support
- Train junior members of the Investment Team in trading, reporting, model maintenance, etc.
PROBLEM SOLVING & DECISION MAKING:
- Polished interpersonal skills and CFA-level investment knowledge to interact with clients, relationship managers, other investment team members, and third parties.
- Provides major support to inform investment decisions and to enable the team to execute client transactions.
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills, most frequently without close daily supervision.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- CFA is highly preferred
- CFP or MBA is advantageous but not necessary.
- At least 5 years of experience in equity research, trading, or portfolio management is highly preferred.
- Capable of prioritizing tasks and following tasks through to completion without much oversight.
- Understanding of advanced investment concepts and business writing is essential.
- Knowledge of Investor’s View and AddVantage trading systems, Bloomberg, Morningstar, and/or FactSet is beneficial; good working knowledge of Microsoft Office is required.
- Normal office-based hours and conditions, usually slightly earlier than other departments (i.e. typically 8:00 start).
Committed. Inclusive. Courageous. Eastern Bank has built a legacy of investing in the communities we serve and helping our customers, communities and employees thrive and grow. We pride ourselves in having knowledgeable and experienced professionals that can provide the expertise, personal attention and service our customers deserve.
As the fourth-largest full-service commercial bank in Greater Boston, we are able to offer you unique opportunities for career growth throughout the organization, as well as a competitive compensation and benefits program.
As an inclusive company, we work to ensure that our valued employees are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, and encouraged to reach their fullest potential. These values have earned us a reputation as a great place to work and provide a strong reason why you should consider a career with us.