The HR Specialist I is responsible for assisting with the Human Resources internal control processes, including quarterly FDICIA review, recommending process improvements as applicable, and preparing reviews for approval. This position works independently under direct supervision, with core assignments and timelines defined. As this position generally reviews and reports on the work of others, decision-making is limited. This position will assist with benefits administration by processing invoices and payments.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assists the HCMS Analyst responsible for internal controls with processes including:
- Prepare quarterly FDICIA self-audits. Reviews audit results with appropriate Payroll and HR staff, and follows up to ensure that any agreed upon commitments as a result of the findings are implemented.
- Review general ledgers monthly with supported documents of general ledger account’s ending balances for account reconciliation.
- Conducts quarterly Process Quality Reviews of established HR and Payroll internal processes to ensure they are functioning as designed, accurate and thoroughly reflect the purpose of the process. Recommends revisions to testing protocols and standards to improve effectiveness of reviews based on results from testing and various audits, as well as feedback from process owners.
- Utilizes technology tools to revise or develop reports to conduct testing processes and adherence to internal controls. Develops a thorough understanding of the functions, processes and internal controls related to financial and data transactions in HR by working with HR and Payroll staff. Keeps abreast of any changes in these areas especially as it relates to system changes.
- Works with HCMS Analyst to analyze HR and Payroll processes and internal controls and recommend revisions to ensure high quality of data and financial transactions.
- Review process workflow and approval processes to determine they meet requirements and optimize receipt, accuracy, and timeliness for processing from data sources.
- Assists process owners in their review, revision, or creation of written process procedures, to ensure they meet internal control, quality and efficiency standards and expectations. Maintains e-file of testing procedures, test scripts and results.
- Prepares reporting for quarterly reviews and approvals.
- Assist Benefits Analyst with processing of Leave Administration carriers’ reimbursements and monthly invoices
- Prepare GL tickets for incoming reimbursements checks for processing, track payments received and reconcile with payments paid.
- Review and prepare employee benefits program invoices for payment.
- Assist with administration needs when required for miscellaneous HR projects.
Education and Experience
- AS degree in Accounting or related Business Administration field or equivalent training and experience required. Administrative experience with proven attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain integrity and confidentiality of employee data and established data systems.
- Strong analytical and research skills including ability to utilize technology tools to perform data review and evaluation are essential. Strong proficiency using Excel and Word.
- Demonstrated knowledge and capability with internal control and audit processes.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with routine and non-routine situations and exceptions, and to independently plan and organize work while managing many priorities.
- Demonstrated integrity, respect and effectiveness in challenging interactions. Strong client service orientation, effective team member and builder of productive working relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to embrace change and be productive in a fast-paced environment.
- Part-time 20 hours a week position working onsite at One Eastern Place in Lynn; flexible schedule can be accommodated; prefer 3 days per week.