East Cambridge Savings Bank’s Human Resources Division is actively recruiting for a Benefits and Compliance Specialist
Under the general direction of the Vice President – Human Resources Manager, perform a variety of administrative functions pertaining to benefits communication and HR compliance in the Human Resources Division.
We are looking for a candidate with:
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent through specialized course work and training
- At least years 3 Human Resources experience with working knowledge of compliance and benefits administration
- Payroll processing experience and knowledge of ADP payroll system preferred
- Must be detail oriented and have excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written communication skills, which includes the ability to draft correspondence such as memos and letters
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks simultaneously while adhering to deadlines
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word
- Proficient using Microsoft Excel
- Able to work additional hours as needed
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for completing benefits census files for cafeteria plan, 401(k) and pension plan, and ACA reporting. Distribute required employee notifications based on required time frames to ensure that the Bank complies with regulations such as Medicare D, Pension Protection Act, etc.
- Prepare reports and gather requested information for management, internal and external audits and exams. Monitor results of operational audits and ensures operational preparedness for audits and regulatory examinations. Ensure compliance with established policies, procedures, laws and regulations.
- Communicate benefit plans to employees through the creation and distribution of materials. Conduct benefit meetings for new employees ensuring clear communication and answer questions as needed. Review benefit changes and enrollments to ensure vendor benefits systems are updated with current information. Keep abreast of regulations that may affect compliance and inform H.R. Officer of concerns as needed. Initiate preparation and control of the timely filing of all 5500 tax filing reports. Amend, distribute and track all summary plan descriptions, summary material modifications, and summary annual reports.
- Conduct file audits to ensure that all required documentation is collected and maintained in compliance with state and federal regulations. Assist with the upkeep of employment records and personnel files as needed. Conduct payroll and benefits audits ensuring accuracy. Report results to Management on a regular basis and recommend corrective action if applicable
- Assist with regulatory compliance by compiling necessary data for the Affirmative Action Plan, EEO1 report, Veterans report, etc. in accordance with established filing deadlines. Maintain Affirmative Action and Diversity and Inclusion Compliance manuals and support Bank-wide efforts in regard to our Policies and Programs.
- Prepare and process payroll and prepare and maintain related documentation to support payroll entries as needed. Review payroll entries for accuracy and troubleshoots payroll discrepancies. Create payroll reports and assist with year-end process as needed.
- Assist with system administration required for compliance with the S.A.F.E. Act. Duties include but are not limited to: gathering personal confidential information from the Bank’s Mortgage Loan Originators (MLOs) for the purposes of registering them with the Registry; submitting this information and fingerprints to the Registry on behalf of the Bank’s MLOs; coordinating annual renewals and updates of MLO registration information; confirming the employment of each registered MLO at the Bank; and notifying the Registry of an termination of employment of any of the Bank’s MLOs. Complete quarterly S.A.F.E. Act audits and report results to Vice President – Human Resources Manager.
- Ensure that bulletin board postings are compliant with state and federal laws. Responsible for monitoring bulletin board audits at all locations.
- Maintain personnel policies within the Master Policy Manual. Revise and create policies to ensure that they accurately reflect state and federal laws when applicable.
- Assist with maintaining the budget for the Division. Create monthly variance reports and submit to Accounting in a timely manner.
- Responsible for preparation and maintenance of all department invoices relating to area of responsibility, ensure proper procedure for payment, responsible for pickup and distribution of department mail when necessary.
Supportive Job Functions:
- Perform related personnel duties and special projects as may be required or assigned.
Contact our Human Resources Division or visit https://www.ecsb.com/about-us/careers for more details and to apply.
Or submit your resume to:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 617-252-6877 Phone: 617-354-7700
East Cambridge Savings Bank, Attn: Human Resources
344 Cambridge Street Cambridge, MA 02141
East Cambridge Savings Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer