WHO We Are
The goal of Eagle Lake Camps is to inspire Christ-centered love and commitment through counselor relationships in the midst of exciting, outdoor experiences.
WHAT Our Internship Program Is
Eagle Lake’s Internship Program is designed to fit alongside any of our summer staff roles. Joining our tight-knit Day Camp at Glen Eyrie team? Planning on an adventurous summer with Excursions? No problem! This program is specifically designed to help give you the real-world work and leadership experience you need alongside the genuine fun of camp. Apply for any of our summer staff positions and inquire about doing the Internship Program alongside your summer role. In our Internship Program, you’ll be responsible for providing Christ-centered leadership, upholding camp policies, tracking hours and doing weekly reflections. We’ll also accommodate any requirements set by your college or university.
WHO We’re Looking For
– YOU KNOW JESUS. You have a consistent walk with the Lord and you’re excited to model and share your faith with your campers and fellow staff.
– YOU KNOW YOUR STUFF. You have practical, working knowledge of the Bible and a readiness to share it.
– YOU PLAY NICE. You know you’re a valuable asset to the Eagle Lake (REZ)ident team and you also value the contribution of your peers.You believe the best in your fellow staff, you stand in unity with your fellow staff, and you talk to, not about your fellow staff.
– YOU DON’T CONFUSE HIGH ENERGY WITH ENTHUSIASM. Not that high energy is bad,but you recognize true, contagious enthusiasm moves past high energy and into passion and authenticity. And you use this distinction as you engage with your campers and fellow staff.
– YOU’RE TEACHABLE. You’re ready and willing to learn and grow. You receive correction and direction from leadership with grace and understanding. You’re also willing to offer constructive criticism when it’s necessary.
– YOU’RE ADAPTABLE. You’re quick to bounce back and think of creative solutions when challenges arise. Even more, you’re able to adjust to new or unexpected conditions, changing schedules, and unknowns, and modify your plans or expectations.
Legal Job Requirements
– You’re 18 years old or older (or will be by May of 2021).
– You believe in and are willing to adhere to the Statement of Faith of The Navigators.
– You can pass a background check.
– You can legally work in the United States.
– You have successfully completed one or more years of college classes. So, you are a sophomore or above.
WHAT We Offer
– Housing and food will be provided during the duration of your summer employment.
– Biweekly salary (depending on your position).
– Weekly time off. The exact time will vary depending on your program.
– Approachable leadership who are always available to encourage you, challenge you, or help you discuss camp issues.
– A summer filled with personal and professional growth.
– Internship credit upon completion of requirements.