LOCATION: Greater Los Angeles area, Greater Seattle Area, or remote USA
JOB TYPE: Business Development
POSITION TYPE: Full Time
EXPERIENCE LEVEL: Entry Level to 2 Years
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
Digital Development Management (DDM) is the world’s leading video game agency. Founded with a mission to improve the business of video games, we provide best-in-class solutions for development, publishing, distribution and funding by bringing together the right partners to tackle video game business opportunities through our core segments:
· Representation – DDM represents talented companies around the globe that design, build, support and market video games.
· Publishing Services – DDM delivers a customized, comprehensive and cohesive set of publishing services to support opportunities of all sizes and enables studios to maintain focus in their areas of expertise.
· Consulting – DDM provides consulting services to build and execute a tailored strategy in partnership with our clients who may be entering the games space, expanding on an existing initiative, securing licenses or undertaking a new endeavor.
· Investment Services – DDM consults as an M&A Broker for companies looking to secure investment or acquisition as well as those looking to source targets based in the video game industry.
DDM is looking for a highly motivated, organized and detail-oriented Business Development Coordinator to further strengthen our US agency team. This position focuses on supporting our business development efforts on behalf of our worldwide clients and in particular working closely with our California-based team members. This is a perfect position for someone with the right set of skills to establish a business career in games who is currently working in QA, who just graduated with a game degree, or who is outside the industry looking to find a way in. This position requires work outside of normal hours due to the international nature of our business as well as occasional travel in North America when possible.
· Scheduling across offices, generally for North America based events and business development staff
· Note taking, use of our cloud-based CRM (Highrise)
· Organization and filing of digital information
· Creating, updating, and maintaining documentation
o PowerPoint templates
o Google Docs and Sheets
o Word and Excel documents
o Cloud storage management on Box
· Managing opportunity tracking sheets for North American clients
· Working closely to support business development needs in the Americas
· Assisting with client coordination, including conference calls, assembling, and sending information via email, booking meetings, advising on travel
· Attending trade shows as needed
· Joining business development meetings and take notes at them; eventually facilitating these meetings directly
· Working odd hours on a case-by-case basis to coordinate with other offices’ time zones
· Beneficial but not mandatory – ability to drive clients to/from meetings in the local area, hotels and airports
· Excellent English verbal and written communication skills, including online etiquette
· Attention to detail and extremely well organized
· A positive and friendly business attitude
· Ability to follow processes, but can think on their feet when needed
· Works well independently, remotely, as well as in a team environment
· Strong proficiency with Excel and Google Sheets as well as proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Apps, and Highrise CRM
· Affinity with games
· Professional demeanor and personal presentation
· Trustworthy with confidential and sensitive information
DDM is a small company with a major footprint in the gaming industry. We’ve secured over $1B in projects for our development studio clients, lined up key equity investments and handled consulting projects for a wide variety of amazing companies. In business for over fifteen years with extremely low turnover, we care about our employees who, while located around the world, form a close-knit team. DDM has a competitive set of benefits tailored to your location. Our mission is to improve the gaming business and to provide worldwide business access to game industry companies large and small.
Please only apply if you meet the requirements above and you are seeking a long-term opportunity with a dynamic company in a fast, ever-changing industry. Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will not consider nor respond to resumes submitted without a cover letter whether sent directly or from Indeed.com and other hiring websites. Please include in your cover letter your narrative about why you are interested in a business career in the games industry and why you are a great candidate for this position. We will then be in touch if we’d like to set up a call to talk further. Thank you for your interest in DDM!
DDM is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace.