In response to the humanitarian crisis at America’s ports of entry, Devereux will be providing short-term shelter care services for refugee children who have come to the United States without their legal guardian. Devereux will provide extremely high-quality, trauma-informed residential and educational services for refugee children, with intense supports for their social and emotional health. We will also ensure they receive excellent and immediate physical healthcare including pediatric, dental and nutritional supports for every child.
Devereux’s ultimate goal is to ensure every refugee child who receives our services is successfully and quickly discharged into the loving care of their family sponsor and, during the short time they are with us, have received best-in-class medical, therapeutic, recreational and educational services designed specifically to address the traumas they have sustained during, and often before, their migration journey. This is a very high benchmark to set, but we have already begun partnering with leading legal defense nonprofits to ensure children in our care have access to the finest immigration advocates and supports our country offers.
Being a Bilingual Certified Teacher at Devereux has many advantages!
As a Bilingual Certified Teacher at Devereux, you will be a critical part of a multi-disciplinary team of dedicated, experts who share your passion for helping children in need. We offer:
- Tuition assistance and Teacher Loan Forgiveness Program eligibility
- A supportive teaching environment and culture that upholds a Servant Leadership perspective
- Greater autonomy and flexibility with teaching plans
- Classrooms equipped with SMART boards and educational learning supplies
- Staff throughout the school use a strengths-based approach emphasizing positive behavioral supports
- A comprehensive benefit package and opportunities for professional growth at one of the largest and most advanced behavioral healthcare organizations in the country
The Bilingual Certified Teacher is responsible for providing instruction in the areas of mathematics, language arts, science and social studies. You will provide an Initial and Final Report for the child. The Bilingual Certified Teacher focuses on academic intervention and enrichment and must be able to communicate proficiently in Spanish. You will report to the Assistant Program Director and receive education related supervision from the US Educational Administrator consultant.
The IDEAL candidate will...
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Education, Master’s Degree preferred, with equivalent work experience in a multi-grade setting
- Be bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Must meet state licensing/certification requirements for teaching.
- Have a valid driver's license
- Be empathetic and have a team approach to care for our individuals
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be energetic, creative, and have a sense of humor
- Be able to attend ten days of in-house orientation on weekdays
- Be able to lift up to 50+ pounds and perform Safe and Positive Approaches