POSITION: Payroll Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Director of Facility Accounting
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for the Payroll Coordinator for the DCU Center, Worcester, MA 01608. Coordinates and prepares payroll for all employees in compliance with state and federal wage and hour requirements and SMG policy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Process facility payroll for biweekly average of up to 400 employees
- Process all wage garnishments, deductions and payments for applicable employees
- Process vacation and sick pay
- Prepare payroll adjustments
- Complete and submit Unemployment forms and Employee verifications
- Prepare manual checks, maintain check log and post to ADP
- Enter new hire paperwork into the ADP system
- Follow up with managers to ensure complete new hire packets/I9 documentation
- Complete departmental filing and clerical duties
- Assist HR Generalist and Finance department with various projects
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or GED required
- Minimum 1 year experience in ADP payroll processing preferred
- Some experience with payroll timekeeping software preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Excellent data entry and organizational abilities.
- Understanding of payroll taxes, laws, regulations and requirements
- Ability to function both independently and as a team member in a flexible manner.
- Ability to meet specific deadlines and successfully work under pressure, with close attention to detail
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long hours; use hands to handle files, type and operate office machines; to talk and hear on the telephone. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision to handle office correspondence.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
TO APPLY: Please go to the Employment page of dcucenter.com for further information and apply thru the job-specific linkDCU Center50 Foster StreetWorcester, MA 01608Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may call 508-929-0114. Accepting applications from 8/29/19 until filled. SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor