POSITION: Marketing Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an immediate opening for the Marketing Coordinator for SMG/DCU Center. Supports all marketing programs for the DCU Center including, but not limited to, public relations, advertising and event sponsorship / marketing, group sales, managing new/digital media and website.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop and execute experiential marketing tactics for events
- Maintain media contacts
- Coordinate and assist with press conferences, media events and interviews for events and the facility
- Create newsletters, e-mail blasts and other mobile assets as directed
- Update website, digital marquees/displays, video display board, calendars and social networks on a daily and as needed
- Create and edit graphics using photoshop/in-design
- Development of new ideas, non-traditional events and programs that will elevate the DCU Center brand
- Daily monitoring of local and national news related to SMG and the DCU Center
- Provides post event reports, analysis and status reports on marketing programs
- Assist with researching the marketability of possible events and increased sales
- Assist with advertising sponsorships
- Assists the Director of Marketing as required
- Assist other departments with their Marketing needs as applicable to 3rd party clients.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related area of study required
- 2 years’ experience in Marketing, Public Relations and/or Journalism preferred.
- Experience in an advertising agency, radio/television, convention center or arena preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Supervises Receptionist as needed, and supervises Interns when applicable.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent organizational, planning and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional written and verbal skills
- Intermediate Adobe suite experience required
- Ability to think creatively and problem solve
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Video editing skills preferred
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects, and maintain organized systems
- Maintains professional presentation, appearance and work ethic
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of database, spreadsheet, graphics and word processing software. Must be Internet savvy. Adobe Creative Suite is required. Basic HTML is preferred. Knowledge of social network platforms in a business setting is a must (Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, LinkedIn)
The Marketing Coordinator must be able to work irregular hours as dictated by the event schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays. The position requires working in an office and throughout the DCU Center facility.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; to talk and to hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Please go to the Employment page of dcucenter.com for further information and apply thru the job-specific link.
50 Foster Street
Worcester, MA 01608
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may call 508-755-6800.
Accepting applications from 8/26/2019 until filled.