The Consultant position supports SG&A business expense management within CVS Health’s Pharmacy Services Segment (PSS). The position is a member of PSS FP&A’s core Expense Management team and will work cross-functionally with other Segment’s Finance teams in order to manage, plan, and report PSS business unit expenses.
The Financial Consultant’s primary business support responsibilities include:
• Monthly Journal Entry preparation
• Work closely with Sr. Consultant & Advisors to facility month-end close process and variance analysis.
• Assist in preparing Monthly/Quarterly Reporting Consolidation for SG&A expenses and Headcount/FTE (pulling/validating data and completing schedules as needed)
• Headcount/FTE loading, file creation, reporting – 10 hours a week
• This role assists the management process team with the weekly metrics report that goes to the Caremark CFO
• FTE/Headcount roster reconciliations
Additionally, maintaining multiple ad hoc projects for finance and the business. Tracks, analyzes and reports on the financial impact of current and proposed business investments.
You will work directly closely with Sr. Consultants and cost center owners to align forecast timing and appropriate accounting practices, complete monthly variance analysis and reporting that will be used at regular Senior Management meetings. This position will support and work closely with HR, Accounting, Finance and Operations to ensure accurate planning and reporting.
• 1+ years of experience in an FP&A role or 2+ years in corporate finance or accounting
• 1+ years of experience with Microsoft Excel
• 1+ years of experience with SAP products
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires its Colleagues in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
- If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 10 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 45 days of your employment. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
- If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
• Experience with SAP S/4HANA, Alteryx, and/or Tableau
• 1 or more years managing a business’s budget
• Experience working for a PBM, Insurance Provider, or large public company
• Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Practices
• Ability to work independently and to multitask under tight deadlines
• Comfortable speaking to Senior Management and Executive Leadership
Bachelor’s degree required (or graduation within 6 months). Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Mathematics is preferred.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.