Covenant Christian Academy is seeking a qualified secondary school professional in the area of Spanish education, particularly for introducing the language as an elective in secondary school. The candidate for this position should hold a Bachelor’s degree (Masters preferred) in Spanish and have experience teaching Spanish at the secondary school level. The candidate must have mastery of the field(s), the ability to flourish in our distinctly Christian and Classical model, and a passion for teaching Spanish. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience creating curriculum and building a program.
An Upper School faculty position includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Plan and teach a section of Introductory Spanish to juniors and seniors
- Plan and facilitate all grammar mastery and vocabulary building for the courses listed above.
- Manage and maintain Spanish classroom and supplementary language-learning materials, including recommendations for additional materials that would enhance student learning
- Oversee curriculum review and recommendations for the Spanish program.
- Work with other language teachers in the building to create consistency in our program and individual classes.
- Must be willing to sign CCA’s Statement of Faith and Core Values. Must maintain the highest Christian virtue and personal decorum, serving as a Christian role model and mentor both in and out of school, to students, parents, fellow faculty members and employees in judgment, dignity, respect, and Christian living.
This Spanish Faculty position is a part-time position. Supplemental income from after-school programs and/or individual tutoring may be available as many be other opportunities on campus to increase the hours of the position.
Contract runs: August 2021 through June 2022; teaching is on a 10 month cycle.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, professional resume, Christian faith statement, and philosophy of Christian education summary.
Submit requested materials to:
Tracy C. Bennett, USLR Dean of Academics
Covenant Christian Academy
83 Pine Street, West Peabody, MA 01960
Position will remain open until filled. Candidate interviews will be scheduled following review of requested material. Position may be filled at anytime through the search process once a desired candidate has been identified.