Grammar School Teaching Positions
Grades 5 and 6
Language Arts, Mathematics, Science and History
Covenant Christian Academy is seeking a qualified, full-time elementary level teacher for a grade 5 and 6 classroom position. This position is for one of three or four team teachers instructing in a semi-departmentalized grades 5 and 6 program. Candidates should hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in elementary or middle school education and have had experience teaching in the classroom at the elementary school or middle school level. Qualifications of the successful candidate will include:
- a mature Christian faith and the ability to nurture this faith in children
- proven experience in managing a classroom with a welcome measure of structure while maintaining a spirit of grace and community
- the ability to provide strong foundations in Language Arts: reading, writing, vocabulary, grammar and study skills. An understanding of a Classical English curriculum preferred
- the ability to provide strong foundations in Mathematics, Science and/or History as needed
- the willingness to take initiative in the researching, writing, and implementing a classical philosophy and curriculum in a school community that continuously looks to reflect on and improve teaching practice
- the readiness to collaborate with colleagues, specialists, parents, and the larger school community
- Must be willing to sign CCA’s Statement of Faith and Core Values. Must maintain the highest Christian virtue and personal decorum, serving as a Christian role model and mentor both in and out of school, to students, parents, fellow faculty members and employees in judgment, dignity, respect, and Christian living.
Applicants should have a strong background in Elementary or Middle School Education, an understanding of recent research in literacy and its implications, a familiarity with a Classical approach to curriculum and instruction and Singapore Math and experience with instructing writing across the curriculum.
Contract runs: September 2021 through June 2022; teaching is on a 10 month cycle.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Contact Person: Andrea Bergstrom, Grammar School Principal email@example.com
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, professional resume (showing no gaps in employment), Christian faith statement, and philosophy of Christian education summary.
Submit requested materials to:
Andrea Bergstrom, Grammar School Principal
Covenant Christian Academy
83 Pine Street, West Peabody, MA 01960
Position will remain open until filled. Candidate interviews will be scheduled following review of requested material. Position may be filled at anytime through the search process once a desired candidate has been identified.