School Based Clinician
PCN# 3309 # Positions 1 Experience (Years) 2 Category Clinical Children
Come join a friendly and diverse clinical team that provides quality care! Community Healthlink (CHL) is looking for a part-time (25 hrs/wk) School-Based Clinician in Worcester, Massachusetts.
The School Support Services program provides mental health services to students in their learning environment in more than 50 public and private schools within Central Massachusetts. We also offer consultation, training, and support to professionals and parents as they learn to interact more effectively with children who are experiencing emotional and behavioral difficulties. Community Healthlink staff uses a nurturing and disciplined approach to help at-risk youth and teens deal with the issues that can distract them and prevent them from succeeding in the classroom.
Compensation based on education and related work experience, licensure and other qualifications
Health and Dental insurance (available upon starting)
Generous paid sick, personal, holiday, and vacation time
Life and Disability insurance
401k with agency contribution
Wellness activity discounts
Work related travel reimbursement
Weekly clinical supervision to meet clinical licensing requirements
- Provide school based therapy to children, adolescents and families
- Familiarity with treatment modalities that are considered “best practices” for treatment in a school setting
- Complete required clinical and case management documentation
- Collateral work and consultation with other providers and agencies
- Assessment and treatment planning
- Assist with access to Psychiatry if needed and engage in collaborative treatment approaches with Psychiatrist
- Obtain CANS certification within two months of hire
- Respects diverse views and approaches, demonstrates Standards of Respect, and contributes to creating and maintaining an environment of professionalism, tolerance, civility and acceptance toward all employees, patients and visitors.
- Grade 7: Clinician III: Masters degree in a clinical course of study in behavioral health (social work, psychology, marriage and family therapy, counseling or related field) that meet the academic requirements for independent licensure in psychology, social work, marriage and family therapy, or mental health counseling in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Requires licensure as LMHC, LCSW, or LMFT
- Grade 8: Clinician IV: Masters degree in a clinical course of study (social work, psychology, counseling or related field) and LICSW licensure or licensed Psychologist
- Minimum 2 years experience working with children and families required
- Demonstrate sound clinical judgment, strong communication skills and flexibility
- Ability to function effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team of service providers
- Bilingual written and oral skill a plus
- Current valid US-issued drivers license and ability to provide a registered and insured automobile for work related purposes including travel between work sites
- Must be able to pass a CORI background check
Community Healthlink is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, age, ancestry, disability, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual preference, political affiliation or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
If applicable, Community Healthlink shall also abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability. These regulations require affirmative action by Community Healthlink to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.