Nurse Practitioner – Primary Care
PCN# D5989 # Positions 1 Experience (Years) 2 Category Nursing
Come join a friendly and diverse clinical team that provides quality care! Community Healthlink (CHL) is looking for a full-time (40 hrs/wk) Nurse Practitioner in Worcester.
***Very attractive salary & benefits package**
The Nurse Practitioner will diagnosis and provide treatment of acute and chronic illness and injuries including history and physical examinations of individuals, annual exams, order and interpret diagnostic tests, write prescriptions, participate in addiction services care, care coordination and to provide treatment, counseling and education to patients. Experience providing clinical services to individuals with both chronic medical and behavioral health conditions, and have interest in serving complex, vulnerable, homeless and disabled populations, preferred but not required.
Compensation based on education and related work experience, licensure and other qualifications
Health and Dental insurance (available upon starting)
Generous paid sick, personal, holiday, and vacation time
Life and Disability insurance
401k with agency contribution
Wellness activity discounts
Work related travel reimbursement
MAJOR JOB-SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
1. Demonstrate proficiency in the advanced practice of nursing in accordance with the highest standards of clinical care to patients at our primary care/wellness sites. Competencies include the skills of assessment, intervention, treatment and evaluation.
2. Maintain a knowledge base in accordance with the current trends of advanced practice nursing and compliance with all standards of agency policies and procedures.
3. Ability to effectively communicate and interact with patients, team members and community-based providers of homeless and addiction services.
4. Effectively work under the supervision of the leadership team and work collaboratively with other team members in a professional and integrative manner.
5. Timely and accurate documentation of all clinically related patient information in the appropriate medical record as well as timely billing for all services provided.
6. Respects diverse views and approaches, demonstrates Standards of Respect, and contributes to creating and maintaining an environment of professionalism, tolerance, civility and acceptance toward all employees, patients and visitors.
1. Asses the physical and psychosocial status of adult patients in all necessary settings at CHL by obtaining appropriate patient histories,
performing physical examinations, ordering appropriate diagnostic tests, interpreting pertinent lab data and diagnosing health problems.
2. Implement a therapeutic plan of care, which may include further diagnostic tests, treatment, patient education counseling and/or referrals to other health professionals.
3. Collaborate with the Medical Director as well as other on-site and consulting physicians and providers regarding the medical management of patients.
4. Periodically evaluate treatment plans and patient outcomes and make the appropriate adjustments as necessary.
5. Provide consultation and education to health care professionals, community agencies and others interested in the health care needs of homeless individuals.
6. Appropriately documents and maintains all patient medical records and protects the confidentiality of patient-related medical and psychosocial information.
7. Attend regular meetings with staff, primary care providers and supervisors, behavioral health team, addiction care team and other meetings as needed.
8. Appropriately and timely bill for services including CPT codes for other procedures and services.
9. Cross cover in person and virtually for other primary care sites, OBAT, Project Worth and other programs on a as needed basis.
10. Act professionally at all times with patients and care team members; CHL primary care has complex patients who require respect and sensitivity as well as an intensive team approach.
- Board-Certified Nurse Practitioner with an unrestricted license to practice in MA NP.
- 2+ years of experience as a NP
- AANC or AANP certification for Nurse Practitioners
- Active DEA Controlled Substance Registration or eligible for application
- Certified in Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers
- Experience providing clinical services to individuals with both chronic medical and behavioral health conditions, and have interest in serving complex, vulnerable, and disabled populations, preferred.
- Must be able to pass a CORI background check
Community Healthlink is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, age, ancestry, disability, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual preference, political affiliation or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
If applicable, Community Healthlink shall also abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability. These regulations require affirmative action by Community Healthlink to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.