Community RN – Health Home Management
PCN# 3759 # Positions 1 Experience (Years) 2 Category Nursing
Come join a friendly and diverse clinical team that provides quality care! Community Healthlink (CHL) is looking for a full-time (37.5 hrs/wk) Community Registered Nurse in Worcester.
We are looking for an RN to complete Annual Assessments with Telehealth options and that would enjoy working on an Integrated Care Management team serving populations with the Health Home Management One Care program. Help your team to coordinate services for adults with mental health, medical, and substance use complexities.
Health Home Management Community Healthlink provides integrated primary and behavioral health care services in our outpatient clinics for our consumers with severe and persistent mental illness and/or a chronic substance use condition. The integrated model includes nurse care managers who coordinate care with the behavioral and primary care providers, perform wellness assessments, develop wellness treatment plans and develop and facilitate wellness activities. Clinic staff include primary care clinicians, licensed psychologists, licensed independent clinical social workers, licensed mental health counselors, drug and alcohol counselors, psychiatrists, advanced practice psychiatric nurses, nurses, medical assistants, and administrative support staff. The clinic offers open access to services daily for our consumers and our priority population. The clinic offers substance addiction treatment including medication assisted treatment using evidence-supported models.
The Community Nurse will provide nursing assessment, treatment, education and health care service coordination to individuals and families. Focus is on promoting and maintaining an optimal level of health. The nurse collaborates with all components of the team and other health care agencies to ensure coordinated, comprehensive services. Services will be provided at CHL and outreach locations.
Compensation based on education and related work experience, licensure and other qualifications
Health and Dental insurance (available upon starting)
Generous paid sick, personal, holiday, and vacation time
Life and Disability insurance
401k with agency contribution
Wellness activity discounts
Work related travel reimbursement
- Complete nursing assessments of clients screening for but not limited to such diseases as diabetes, hypertension, tuberculosis, etc.
- Identify medical, emotional, and social problems requiring further assessment and treatment
- Provide appropriate health care and coordinate referrals as needed.
- Facilitate referrals to primary care provider or establish contact with existing primary care provider
- Contribute to the development of treatment planning process particularly as related to medical issues.
- Establishes realistic goals; documents clear, concise plans of care; regularly updates plans of care based on change in health status. Plan of care is made involving the client, family and team members when appropriate
- Works with individual clients on wellness initiatives such as: smoking cessation, improved nutrition, increased physical activity, and stress management, and follows through with all medical care recommendations
- Facilitate educational groups regarding nutrition, physical activity, smoking cessation, stress management, and medical needs for clients. Provide educational support to increase knowledge base of clients and mental health providers regarding medical conditions. Plan and facilitates wellness activities
- Maintain regular contact between the consumer, primary care, and primary and psychiatric providers, utilizing existing family and social supports as well
- Promote adherence to prescribed treatment protocols
- Attend team meetings, staff meetings, case conferences, and collaborate with other providers as needed
- Records all assessments, treatment plans, and follow up data in the electronic medical record system daily
- Meet with supervisor on a regular basis
- Respects diverse views and approaches, demonstrates Standards of Respect, and contributes to creating and maintaining an environment of professionalism, tolerance, civility and acceptance toward all employees, patients and visitors
- Performs other related job duties.
- Grade 9: Community RN: Valid and current license as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing preferred
- Experience in the area of practice is necessary
- Demonstrates person-centered strength-based communications and relationship with consumers using recovery-oriented principles
- Demonstrates proficiency in standard nursing practice including assessment, intervention and evaluation
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively and professionally with consumers, staff and providers.
- Demonstrates proficiency in completing electronic documentation in compliance with grant requirements, agency, state, and federal guidelines and policies
- Strengths/Experience in Wellness oriented care plans including nutrition, physical activity, tobacco cessation, and stress management.
- Must be able to pass a CORI background check
Community Healthlink is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, age, ancestry, disability, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual preference, political affiliation or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
If applicable, Community Healthlink shall also abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability. These regulations require affirmative action by Community Healthlink to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.