The Director of Finance and Operations will report directly to CCSC’s Head of School and will play a key role in leading and supporting the school’s mission and goals. The Director of Finance and Operations will supervise all school and CCSC Foundation operations, including finance, facilities, development, and purchasing. They will directly supervise a number of staff who work in these areas as well.
A CCSC Director of Finance and Operations can expect to work in the following areas:
Finance and Compliance
With the support of an external finance/accounting firm, the Director of Finance and Operations will:
- Ensure day-to-day financial operations are overseen and responsibly managed in areas such as accounting, banking, payroll, and procurement
- Maintain school’s internal control environment ensuring adherence to fiscal policies and procedures
- Support the Head of School and leaders of various internal departments with budget development and reporting.
- Assist with preparation of financial reports, including an annual audit prepared by an independent agency, for the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education and all federal, state, and local grant administration reporting
- Act as an Ex Officio member of CCSC’s Board of Trustees, Finance Committee, and Foundation Board
- Manage risk, including all insurance policies, and ensure CCSC meets banking covenants and DESE reporting requirements
- Oversee day to day responsibilities of the operations team, including but not limited to finance, development, purchasing, facilities, and general school operations
- Evaluate all current operations at CCSC to identify improvements that will support highly efficient and effective school operations. Lead operations staff in the development and implementation of these improvements.
- Co-lead the Enrollment and Recruitment Team and coordinate all student enrollment tasks including but not limited to maintaining our lottery and enrollment databases, running enrollment lotteries and ensuring Department of Elementary and Secondary Education reporting is accurately submitted
- Chair the Health and Safety Team
- Lead the internal team who will work with a consultant to develop a long-term Master Plan for CCSC’s property
- Serve as a member of CCSC’s Administrative Leadership team, working to develop and implement a shared vision of social justice, high expectations, high support, and academic rigor
- Ensure vision and mission driven school decisions
- Plan and implement school initiatives to dismantle inequitable systems and close gaps
- Cultivate leadership in others
- Coach and evaluate operations-focused staff
- Act as the representative for all non-teaching staff on the Administrative Leadership Team.
- Bachelor’s degree is required preferably in Business, Accounting or Finance; appropriate graduate coursework is preferred
- Experience with finance and budgeting are required, with accounting experience preferred
- Several years of experience with operations required
- Experience in charter public schools is preferred
How to Apply
Send a cover letter and resume to Becki Norris, Head of School, at OpsDirectorJobs@ccscambridge.org with the subject line “Director of Finance and Operations”