We have several positions available within our contracted schools as well as under a new grant through the State of Vermont. Hours may include some evening hours.
The School Based Social Worker/Clinician position is responsible for providing Diagnosis and Evaluation, Psychotherapy, Community Supports and Service Planning and Coordination to children and families to assist in meeting the overall mental health service goals the Community Care Network. The clinician will develop and maintain close working relationships with internal and external professional staff to provide coordinated, quality services.
The School Based Social Worker/Clinician under the AWARE (Advancing Wellness and Resilience in Education) grant will work in partnership with State and Local Educational Agencies to build/expand capacity in the school setting to increase awareness of mental health issues among school-aged youth; to provide training for school personnel and other adults who interact with school-aged youth to detect and respond to mental health issues; and connect school-aged youth, who may have behavioral health issues, with their families to services.Responsibilities:
- Provide diagnosis and evaluation, psychotherapy, community support, service planning and service coordination to at-risk clients.
- Assist school personnel with coordinating interventions with clients.
- Provide individual, group and family therapy based on need (divorce, grief, etc.) and in accordance to mental health standards and ethics.
- Participate in meetings as necessary (staff, trainings, school, community forums, etc.).
- Maintain documentation of services provided in a manner consistent with all regulations and standards of funding and accrediting bodies.
- Increase and improve access to culturally competent and developmentally appropriate school- and community-based mental health services to school-age youth through screening, referral, treatment and follow-up services.
- Develop and follow a documented protocol that improves access to mental health services for family members who may also need treatment or parenting support, such as co-location of mental health staff in school buildings after hours and during summer break.
- Equip schools with the ability to immediately respond to the needs of youth who may be exhibiting behavioral/psychological signs of a severity indicating the need for clinical intervention using established protocol.
- Develop and implement a documented crisis response protocol in partnership with local education agencies for timely mental health crisis evaluation and stabilization services, including root cause analysis support post incident.
- Make home visits to support families. Facilitate communication between agencies on behalf of the client. Attend team meetings to plan and monitor services. Provide case management, collateral contact and social support, as needed.
- Assists family to locate and appropriately use community resources, agencies, organizations and team members to coordinate services and monitor progress toward treatment goals.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Master’s Degree in Psychology, Counseling or Social Work required.
- Vermont State licensure preferred, not required.
- 2-3 years’ experience providing mental health services for diverse range of school-aged children living with serious emotional disorders required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation with personal automobile liability insurance coverage at or above the levels mandated by the State of Vermont.
- Successful completion of a criminal history background check after hire.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Outlook required.
- General knowledge of community resources, standard models of service coordination, and/or experience working in a variety of human services settings.
- Structured and organized to support those in crisis and in need.
- Ability to make a positive first impression with clients, team members and outside agencies and presents a professional image – as reflected in the employees’ work attire and demeanor.
CCN is an equal opportunity employer.