In our ‘always on’ world, we believe it’s essential to have a genuine connection with the work you do.
Experience a tax career with more freedom to optimize value and achieve your goals!
We are looking to add a Tax Analyst to our team. The ideal candidate will be located in the Chicagoland area, Greater Charlotte area, or the Atlanta area.
How You’ll Help Us Connect the World.
In this role, you will assist with the completion of the ASC 740 tax accounting and reporting for the company, including the preparation of quarterly income tax provision items, tax account reconciliations, tax basis balance sheet items, and documentation of uncertain tax positions. You will prepare federal and state income tax returns, estimated tax payments, and extension payments using FCCS/EPBCS/Oracle/S4 Hana SAP data sources and prepare annual true-up entries for filed Federal and State, and local income and franchise tax returns.
Collaboratively you will work with the fixed asset team to analyze and reconcile fixed asset ledgers for tax purposes and use this data to prepare property tax renditions. Additionally, you will research and respond/resolve domestic taxing authority inquiries and assist in accumulating documentation for federal and state audits, federal and state R&D credits, and other special projects which may include non-income tax.
Here, you will identify and implement opportunities to streamline and improve income tax compliance processes. Our tax team takes greater ownership in their roles through an enhanced knowledge that comes from in-depth interaction with the businesses they support.
Required Qualifications for Consideration:
- A completed Bachelor’s Degree.
- 1-3 years public accounting and/or corporate income tax experience.
- Detailed professional with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Motivation and confidence to independently address issues to keep the objectives of the team on track.
- Intermediate Excel skills and proficiency in other Microsoft Office Products.
- Aptitude for simplifying processes using both technology and practical experience.
- Ability to prioritize quickly to balance competing tasks and communicate optimally in a virtual (or office) team environment.
You Will Excite Us If You Have:
- A completed Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Your CPA certification or are in the process of acquiring your CPA.
- Experience with SAP/Oracle financial accounting software and FCCS financial reporting software.
- Experience with Alteryx, Power BI.
- Experience with OneSource provision and compliance software.
What happens after you apply?
Learn how to prepare yourself for the next steps in our hiring process by visiting https://careers.commscope.com/how-we-hire.
CommScope is pushing the boundaries of communications technology. For more than 40 years, we’ve been leaders in innovating 5G, private networks, and Gigabit speeds everywhere – we’re always anticipating what’s next. Developments such as the Internet of Things, seamless connectivity, Cloud, and 5G introduce new requirements and demand creative thinking. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber, and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow.
CommScope is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including people with disabilities and veterans. To learn more visit https://careers.commscope.com/eeo.