As a Business Development Representative at Combined Ratio Solutions at our corporate office in Hartford, CT, you will have the unique opportunity to build our company’s brand and customer loyalty. This role involves starting relationships with people at companies within our target market. Your work at the beginning stage of these relationships helps us to find and begin to serve new customers.
Your role will be to seek new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential customers. This position provides you with the chance to develop and strengthen your leadership, customer service, sales and communication skills.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is relatively new in their career and looking to work and learn together with a highly-motivated team. If you are motivated and results-driven, and enjoy working in a team environment, we’d like to meet you!
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Participating in efforts to expand lead generation through outbound calling, business-to-business selling techniques and other methods to identify potential business prospects and assist sales professionals in acquiring new customers
- Qualifying leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities
- Building relationships with new and existing customers through consistent follow up, reliable communication and frequent updates on relevant company information
- Contacting potential clients through cold calls and emails, must be able to accurately exchange information
- Scheduling meetings or calls between prospective clients and Account Executives
- Writing and adapting email scripts and outreach sequences
- Reporting to the Business Development Manager on (weekly/monthly/quarterly) sales results
- Other duties as assigned
- Degree in Business or a related field of study
- Two or more years in customer service or sales positions
- Exemplary written and spoken communication skills
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Attention to detail in all tasks completed
- Ability to prioritize different projects and stay on schedule
- Skilled in Microsoft Office (Teams, Outlook, Excel, Word, etc)
- Experience in business-to-business selling
- Familiarity with CRM Software (ex: Salesforce)
- Ability to work remotely as well as in-office as needed.
- Fast paced office environment requires flexibility and adaptability
- Currently there are no direct reports for this role.