CSO is looking for a full-time, part-time and per diem Nurses for our Respite Services programs in Greenfield and Florence, MA.
Our Respite services offer clients a quiet, home-like atmosphere. We provide daily assessment and brief counseling, case management, nursing support and peer support. Respite services have recovery and wellness focused groups, psychiatric consultation when needed and also provide discharge planning.
The ideal candidate will be compassionate, patient, and have a desire to promote individuals in their quest for stability while helping them reach their recovery goals.
- Assist with health screening of CCS/Respite admissions.
- Coordinate medication and health care prior to admission when possible, by taking information from hospital/community healthcare providers.
- Review medications upon admission, confirm prescriptions and dosages, set-up medication charting, administer, document and monitor medications of clients staying in Respite per ES Program policy.
- Package medications for clients to self administer when RN is not on duty.
- Complete health assessments of clients in Respite, and review health concerns with Clinical Nurse or Psychiatrist, as appropriate.
- Monitor clients’ physical status as needed, including blood pressure, pulse, temperature, and blood sugar for signs of medication side effects. Respond to abnormal findings by contacting client’s primary care physician or, if needed, review with CSO Psychiatrist/Clinical Nurse Specialist.
- Comply with DPH regulations for storage of medications (in locked drawer).
- Provide health education for clients as part of treatment team when appropriate.
- Contact clients’ primary care physicians regularly, and make referrals to PCPs when necessary.
- Monitor respite clients, including hourly bed checks and documentation, and provide closer observation as needed.
- Provide supportive counseling and safety for clients utilizing the program.
- Assist clients with activities of daily living, including self-care, cooking, recreation, and medication responsibilities.
LPN with one year of experience required; RN with one year of experience working with a psychiatric population preferred. Must be well-organized, resourceful, and able to function as a productive member of a treatment team. Valid Massachusetts’ licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse or a Registered Nurse required. Computer proficiency required including ability to work with email, electronic health record and word processing software. Must possess valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply, (English/Spanish speaking.)
Clinical & Support Options, Inc. is a behavioral health organization serving individuals and families across Western Massachusetts. From its early days as a child guidance clinic, Clinical & Support Options has expanded into a full service behavioral health agency, committed internally to excellence while we collaborate externally with community partners to participate in a comprehensive system of assistance and resources for the residents of our communities. We employ over 650 multi-disciplinary staff, helping thousands of families during the past 50 years. We have community based office locations throughout Western Massachusetts, including Springfield, Northampton, Greenfield, Orange, Athol, Gardner and Pittsfield.
Our core competencies lend themselves to the development of a “one-stop” model of comprehensive, holistic services to individuals and families with multiple and complex issues.
Our expertise, in a nutshell, is to support people in their progress towards self-sufficiency, no matter what challenges they face on that journey.