CSO is looking for a Nurse Care Coordinator to join our Community Partner Program.
The Community Partner Program is an innovative service provider with a multidisciplinary team consisting of nurses, Licensed Clinical Behavioral Health Specialists, Bachelor’s and Master’s level Care Coordinators, and Peer Partners. Together we provide individualized support to adult MassHealth members who have complex medical and behavioral health needs. We coordinate communication between behavioral health, substance use, and medical care providers, and we connect people to services in the community to help them meet their self-identified health and wellness goals.
- Collaborate with CP team members in the development of transition-of-care plans for Members who are discharged from inpatient care and other patients in need of in-home CP nurse visits.
- Conduct nursing visits to assigned Members in their homes or other residential settings. Visit shall include brief assessment and evaluation, provision of planned care, medication reconciliation, and patient education and support to assist them with self-management of their care.
- During outreach visit, communicate with family members or other caregivers regarding the patient’s care as appropriate and permitted by the patient.
- Following (or during) outreach visit, coordinate with CCC and/or CC as appropriate regarding further care and support for the patient.
- Participate in Care Teams as appropriate for individual Members needing ongoing outreach.
- Provide in-service training for CP staff on common medical issues and appropriate treatment, intervention and support strategies.
- Provide case consultation pertaining to medical issues for CCCs and other CP staff as requested.
- Communicate with non-CP members of Care Teams (e.g., hospital staff, PCPs, nursing home staff) as needed to support and advance appropriate care for Members.
- Conduct medication reviews and monitoring as needed.
Must be licensed in Massachusetts as a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse, and have a minimum of three years of experience treating adults. Related degree preferred. Experience treating individuals with serious mental illness and substance use disorders preferred. Primary care experience strongly preferred. Must be familiar with community resources and possess good communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to adapt to a variety of environments and make decisions when faced with unplanned circumstances. Ability to establish trusting relationships through compassion, empathy and insight. Capacity to be an effective member of a Team. Demonstrated sensitivity to the needs and perspectives of individuals from diverse cultural or linguistic backgrounds. Computer proficiency required including ability to work with email, electronic health record and word processing software. Driver’s license and reliable transportation required.
We provide our employees with competitive salaries and a generous benefits package, including full coverage health and dental insurance and ample paid time off (vacation, personal, sick, and holidays). Additionally, we offer a retirement savings plan and an employee referral bonus program. CSO provides their staff with regular in-house training and professional development opportunities with free CEUs. Our voluntary supplemental insurances include short and long-term disability, cancer, accident and life. We also offer a premier employee assistance program (EAP) and personal cell phone plan discounts.
Clinical & Support Options, Inc. is a behavioral health organization serving individuals and families across Western Massachusetts. From its early days as a child guidance clinic, Clinical & Support Options has expanded into a full service behavioral health agency, committed internally to excellence while we collaborate externally with community partners to participate in a comprehensive system of assistance and resources for the residents of our communities. We employ over 650 multi-disciplinary staff, helping thousands of families during the past 50 years. We have community based office locations throughout Western Massachusetts, including Springfield, Northampton, Greenfield, Orange, Athol, Gardner and Pittsfield.
Our expertise, in a nutshell, is to support people in their progress towards self-sufficiency, no matter what challenges they face on that journey.