At CLA we create inspired careers.
We recognize that not everyone wants to grow their career paths in the same way. That’s why CLA exists to create opportunities. We promise to know you and help you.
We are seeking Tax/Audit Associates for our Greenwood Village and Broomfield offices. As an Associate, you will provide audit and tax services to clients, with a primary focus on developing expertise within a specific industry. You will utilize your accounting educational background and internship experience to assist in all stages of an engagement or project; most commonly review engagements, procedures engagements, or basic tax issues, providing support and leverage to seniors and others.
- Performs the detail work of audits, reviews, some compilations, and other assurance service for clients.
- Collects and analyzes data to detect deficient controls, duplicated effort, fraud, or non-compliance with laws, regulations, and management policies.
- Supports multiple client engagements on time and within budget, identifying issues and communicating progress and audit results to supervisors.
- Prepares and reviews tax returns with the tax team.
- Handles routine client tax questions and works with client to collect necessary information for tax return completion and compliance.
- Completes tax related research and special projects as needed.
- Gains experience, exposure, and knowledge in one or more industries.
- Expands industry knowledge through greater exposure to peers, internal experts, clients, regular self-study, and formal training opportunities.
- Passion for doing impactful work, accountability for actions, initiative to make visions a reality, integrity that places honesty and trust above all else, professionalism, and conscientiousness.
- General knowledge of accounting principles and/or regulations impacting each engagement or project, financial markets, analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Experience with Pfx Fixed Assets, GoFileRoom, Pfx Engagement, Pfx Tax, preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft (MS) Windows and Office products.
- Previous accounting internship preferred.
- Reliable transportation and ability to travel to client sites.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- Working to obtain CPA designation. Eligible to sit for the exam.
Compensation strategy statement:
Our approach to compensation emphasizes collaboration and career growth. We pay competitive wages and view compensation as an investment in our people. Factors such as geography, experience, education, skills, and knowledge may impact position of pay within the range. These same factors may cause starting pay to be below or above the posted range. For Colorado, the range for this position is $58,000-$70,000.