The Union VGO Lab Chemist will be responsible for the analysis of oil, gas, and asphalt samples to determine their chemical and physical properties. This shift be 1:30 pm – 10:00 pm – Monday-Friday.
Why work for Emerald Services?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive pay and benefits;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days;
- Group 401K program with company matching component;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments.
- Ensures that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Perform screening tests on inbound trucks into Tacoma Facility to ensure oil meets facility acceptance criteria;
- Performing analysis on plant products at various stages of re-refining process for quality control of facility operations and communicating with facility personnel when there is a problem;
- Performing analysis on inbound oil screening tanks to ensure oil meets facility criteria for processing;
- PCB analysis, GC Operation, and ICP Operation for metals analysis;
- Filing original laboratory paperwork, creating reports, and providing copies to all staff that requests them;
- Perform calibration verification on all laboratory equipment;
- Maintaining laboratory records of samples run, quality control samples and calibration samples;
- Quality control of all data reported;
- Maintaining databases of all oil processing, in-bound oil and outbound products results;
- Prepare solutions and standards;
- Clean glassware in sink;
- Dispose of lab waste in appropriate on-site satellite drums;
- Maintaining a clean work environment at all times;
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned by management.
What does it take to work for Emerald Services?
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry (or related science) required and/or >5 years of similar experience;
- Excellent communication and organization skills;
- Proficiency with computer applications;
- Knowledge of environmental and standard testing procedures (EPA, SW846, ASTM) preferred;
- Experience using a GC or PCB for analysist preferred;
- ICP experience preferred;
- Chem-station software experience preferred;
- Ability to document, record, and analyze data and information.
Emerald Services, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Clean Harbors, is the leading marine and industrial tank cleaning company and a major recycler of oil and wastewater in the Pacific Northwest. We are a full service environmental partner for automotive, commercial and industrial services that responsibly divert and renew the planet’s waste stream through industrial cleaning and spill response, solvent recycling and disposal, and lastly, used oil collection and repurposing.
We thank all those interested in joining the Emerald team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Emerald Services, a Clean Harbors company is a Military & Veteran friendly company.