Our Woodbury, MN insite branch is currently seeking a InSite Chemist to join their safety conscious team! Material Handlers are responsible for assisting in the collection, identification and proper packaging and/or lab packing of hazardous and non-hazardous waste at this specific Household Hazardous Waste facility. ***This position requires up to 100% field work in various working conditions, and includes physical/manual labor duties.
Please note this is NOT a laboratory based position. This is an entry level physical/labor role, we will train you!
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages, with overtime opportunities;
- Company Paid for iPhone with Data plan;
- Annual boot allowance, all PPE and uniforms provided and cleaned daily;
- 10 Paid Vacation, 3 Paid Personal and 5 Paid days off per year;
- Opportunities for growth, development and internal promotion;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Group 401K with company matching component, tuition reimbursement;
- Company paid certifications, licenses and training including HAZWOPER 40.
- Health and Safety is our number one goal! This is demonstrated by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Loading, packaging and segregation of materials and waste products;
- Ensure drum count is correct and that drum conditions are shippable in accordance to the policies and procedures of Clean Harbors.
- Segregating and packaging chemicals and hazardous materials for shipment;
- Maintaining waste accumulation area at customer site;
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly inspections for waste accumulation areas;
- Manual labor/physical labor duties unloading waste items from vehicles as they arrive on site;
- Assist with profiling hazardous and non-hazardous waste;
- Manage waste and the documentation of hazardous and non-hazardous waste.
- Ability and willingness to perform manual labor/physical duties is required;
- Degree in Physical Sciences (i.e. Chemistry, Biology, Environmental) preferred but not required;
- 40 hour OSHA Training (preferred but not required);
- Previous experience segregating, packing, and labelling chemicals is an asset;
40-years of sustainability in action. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
This is an entry level physical/labor role, we will train you! This is not a laboratory based position.