Clean Harbors Laurel, MD is looking for a Field Chemist to join their safety conscious team! The Route Driver works both indoors and outdoors at plants, labs, and customer sites; and is responsible for assisting with daily labpacks within customer facilities, household hazardous waste (HHW) collections and lab moves. This is a great opportunity for a recent graduate!
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensure that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Safe and compliant execution of labpack projects/jobs and the proper packaging of material/waste and off-specifications of commercial products.
- Print required labels and labels drums and assure driver of an expedient pick-up. Load/pack materials/wastes properly and segregate for compatibility the waste material on transport vehicle.
- Overall quality control of waste materials to be shipped.
- Understand customer specific disposal restrictions/special packaging requirements.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- College degree in chemistry, biology, geology, or other natural science preferred;
- Valid CDL B preferred, driver’s license is required;
- Detailed oriented and able to multi-task;
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.