Our team in Tooele, UT is hiring a field Field Chemist. As a Environmental Field Chemist (internally referred to as a Clean Pack Chemist), you are responsible for working at various customer retail locations and collecting, identifying, packaging, loading, and transporting hazardous and non-hazardous waste. This position will also require obtaining a Class B cdl within the first 6 months and potential traveling overnight a couple nights/week (based on customer needs, this can fluctuate). Please Note: This is NOT a laboratory based position. It is 100% field based, and will require physical labor work.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages with overtime opportunities;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Group 401K with company matching component;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career.
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Collects, identifies and packages hazardous and non-hazardous waste products;
- Samples, labels and prepares waste drums for pick-up and transport at customer locations;
- Loads wastes properly and segregates for compatibility on transport vehicle;
- Accumulates and records accurate billing information to ensure proper customer billing;
- Ensures customer satisfaction by understanding each customers’ specific disposal and packaging requirements;
- Overall quality control of waste materials to be shipped;
- Ensures drum count is correct and that drum conditions are shippable in accordance to company policies and procedures.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Previous experience in a labor-intensive role required;
- Previous experience in hazardous material handling, and/or lab packing experience a preference;
- College degree in chemistry, biology or other natural science preferred;
- Ability to obtain/retain Class B CDL with Endorsements upon hire;
- Strong customer service skills;
- Ability to travel as business demands require.
Requisition # 73274
Join our team today! To learn more about our company and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com
Who is Clean Harbors & Safety-Kleen? Watch this Commercial showcasing 40 Years of Sustainability! https://vimeo.com/389037381/74b450d84f
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
Transitioning Military, this is a great opportunity to leverage your skills and training as you return to civilian life. These positions offer the opportunity to work as part of a team and grow and advance from entry-level to management at Clean Harbors. *CH
Please Note: This is NOT a laboratory based position. It is 100% field based, and will require physical labor work.