Clean Harbors Germantown, WI is looking for an Environmental Field Chemist to join their safety conscious team! Our Chemists are responsible for packaging waste, completing corresponding paperwork and transporting waste to local disposal facility.
This position is not a lab chemist position and requires up to 100% field work in various working conditions.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Pay for you to obtain your CDL
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Executes lab pack projects/jobs and ensures the proper packaging of material/waste;
- Conducts projects/jobs according to site specific Federal, State and local regulations and health and safety plans;
- Prints labels, labels drums and stages drums for driver pick-up;
- Ensures drum count is correct and that drum conditions are shippable in accordance our company’s policies and procedure.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- 1+ years of hazardous waste handling experience is a plus;
- 1+ years of chemical or laboratory experience is a plus;
- Available for overnight travel;
- Bachelor of Science preferred but not necessary;
- Driver’s license required;
- Class B CDL or ability to obtain within 12 months of hire (we will provide paid training)
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.