A Medical Scribe is responsible for relieving a physician of their clerical duties, thereby allowing a physician to focus their attention on providing the best care to the patient. They are responsible for locating and obtaining a patient’s medical history, documenting dictated notes during a patient visit on the Electronic Medical Record (EMR), facilitating diagnostic test, all while providing unparalleled customer service to our patients.
* This is a great opportunity for those interested in CNA, MA, EMT, or Paramedic careers
* Great exposure to the healthcare profession (excellent resume builder for medical school)
- Being able to manage a minimum of two patients per hour on average and be able to manage a minimum of three to four patients per hour during surge periods.
- Ability to maintain quick pace in fast paced urgent care facility for duration of scheduled shift (8-12 hours except for meals/break time)
- Facilitating any necessary diagnostic tests (e.g., CT, MRI, ultrasounds, etc.) and referrals to medical specialists for follow-up care via Aftercare
- Providing compassionate care to our patients
- Assisting the physician with basic patient care and medical procedures set-ups
- Communicating with patients, pharmacies, and physicians over the phone under physician guidance
- Helping maintain a clean, courteous, and professional working environment
- Assist with training and acclimation of new hire scribes
- A High School Degree or GED
- Friendly and professional with excellent bedside manner
- Computer and typing skills are required – minimum of 45 wpm
- Flexible with full-time work schedule including weekends
- Passion for helping others in an urgent care environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- High attention to detail and being able to work in a team environment
- Experience in any service industry a plus
- Must exhibit passion for outstanding results and compassion for those we work with and serve
- Bilingual language skills required or preferred based on site location.
The job may require at times to lift light to moderate amounts of weight (e.g., boxes of medical/facility supplies) to assist team members. Job also requires ability to maintain a quick pace in fast paced urgent care medical facility for duration of scheduled shift minus meal/break time. Heavy computer use required.
- A friendly and fast-paced environment working with passionate people
- Outstanding growth opportunities
- Time Off
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability, HSA, and Life Insurance
- 401K plan with company matching contribution
- Cash Bonus Programs
- Recognition and rewards programs to recognize successful teams
- Other Perks & Discounts
- Commuter and parking discount program to help you save (using pretax dollars)
*Full Time Benefit Eligible Employees Only
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, race, color, religion, creed, gender/sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression (including transgender status), national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Our Company cares about the safety of our employees and applicants. Our Company does not use chat rooms for job searches or communications. Our Company will never request personal information via informal chat platforms or unsecure email. Our Company will never ask for money or an exchange of money, banking or other personal information prior to the in-person interview. Be aware of potential scams while job seeking. Interviews are conducted at select Our Company locations during regular business hours only. For information on job scams, visit, https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/JobScams or file a complaint at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/.