PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY ON OUR SITE! Do not submit resumes through Indeed or other External Sources as it does not capture the full application.
About City on a Hill (CoaH)
City on a Hill graduates college-ready students that are responsible, resourceful and respectful democratic citizens, who are prepared to compete in 21st century community, culture and commerce. We do so by emphasizing academic achievement, citizenship, teacher leadership, and public accountability.
As a member of the City on a Hill Charter Public School staff, the Climate and Culture Coordinator will collaborate with other City on a Hill administrators to ensure students are supported in their social-emotional learning, in addition to our academic programs. This role reports to the Director of Climate and Culture.
- In conjunction with School Leadership, set and invest staff in a vision for a joyful, structured and caring school environment;
- Coordinate consultation to school leadership and school teams on the development and implementation of systems and structures for Social Emotional Learning (SEL), Restorative Practices and other school culture and climate topics;
- Support school entry, arrival, lunch, dismissal, and transitions to ensure they are well organized, safe and welcoming;
- Participate in student disciplinary meetings and coordinate peer mediation and other restorative practices/responses to student disciplinary concerns when appropriate;
- Collaborate with the Student Support Team (SST) to oversee the referral of students requiring social-emotional and behavior support and social services;
- Serve as the Homelessness & Foster Care Liaison for the School;
- Provide administrative support to the School Adjustment Counselor and Director of Climate & Culture; and
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Culture & Climate and Principal
- A belief that all students can and must learn at high levels and a commitment your own continued learning, particularly as it relates to City on a Hill’s journey to operating as an anti-racist school;
- 1-3 years climate and culture experience, preferably in an urban charter school
- An LICSW, LCSW, or LSW (or working towards a licensure, requiring supervision hours) or hold a DESE license in school counseling or adjustment counseling;
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Comfort and familiarity with student information databases (DeansList, etc)
- Experience working in a charter school setting
We understand that people gain skills through a variety of professional, personal, educational, and volunteer experiences which may be transferable to this role. We are an equal opportunity employer, are committed to racial equity, and we make a particular effort to recruit people of color, indigenous people, and gender-non-conforming people to apply for open positions.
It is the policy of City on a Hill Charter Public School to obtain all available Federal and State background information through both SAFIS (Statewide Applicant Fingerprint Identification Services) and CORI (Criminal Offender Record Information), as allowed by law, of all employees and prospective employees of the school.
City on a Hill provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, City on a Hill complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.