Citrin Cooperman is seeking a State and Local Tax (SALT) Staff to join our New York City Office. We are a leading full-service assurance, tax, and advisory firm with 17 locations and over 1,350 partners and staff. The firm was founded in 1979 by Joel Cooperman and Niles Citrin and today is amongst the top 25 largest accounting and consulting firm in the United States, and 4th among mid-Atlantic firms. Our daily mission is to help our clients “focus on what counts.” We’re driven to meet this mission by our passion for providing clients with an objective viewpoint and insightful advice on whatever challenges they bring to the table. A SALT Staff is provided with tools and training to gain professional skills and experience.
Responsibilities, but not limited to:
· Assist with the coordination of the day-to-day duties of planning, tax work, and wrap-up
· Possess general knowledge of federal, state and local tax laws – corporate, individual, trust, gifts, and partnership taxation; specialized knowledge of real estate and/or international is a plus
· Perform tax research to resolve issues
· Contribute to a strong client relationship through positive interactions with client personnel
· Identify and communicate tax matters to Seniors, Managers and Partners.
· Build relationships with clients and staff
· Research state and local tax controversies
The ideal candidate must:
· Have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting
· Have a minimum 1-2 years multistate state and local tax experience required
· Have basic knowledge of sales/use tax and income/franchise tax required
· Have excellent research and writing skills
· Have outstanding analytical, organizational and project management skills
· Work directly with state auditors to resolve client audit issues
· Assist Citrin Cooperman personnel with sales tax and income tax questions
· Research technical state tax issues and document conclusions with detailed memorandum
· Work directly with clients to address state tax issues
· Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Be able to work independently, but also work well with others
· Have ability to effectively prioritize
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.