Citizens Campaign for the Environment (CCE) in Farmingdale, NY is seeking to build our campaign team to help us to the fight to protect NYS’s commonplace air, land, and water resources. We need individuals who are committed to working door-to-door to engage, educate, and organize the public to be successful in fighting for science-based, environmentally focused legislation with strength in numbers.
Current Campaign: There is there is a national public health risk at hand because of antiquated water infrastructure in the US. In New York state, specifically, we are at immediate risk because of the neglect of our governing institutions to adequately invest in replacing almost-failing septic’s, cesspools, sewage infrastructure, and lead pipes. Our work right now is to prevent another Flint Michigan. It is our responsibility, as one a of the most influential states in in the US Congress, to be a leader in fighting for the money, the jobs, and the commitment to putting our public health and wellbeing as a top-tier priority and replace this water infrastructure NOW before it’s too late.
***Read more here: https://www.citizenscampaign.org/whats-new-at-cce/ny-ct-and-the-nation-deserve-clean-water ***
Ideal Candidate: We are looking for candidates with intuitive and adaptable leadership skills, a passion for the environment/social justice, and a desire to improve the world around them through individual conversation and collective action. This position is great for people who are seeking experience in activism, grassroots organizing, politics, non-profit work, or the environment.
- Competitive pay with opportunities for performance-based bonuses
- 10 days of paid, probationary training (comprehensive and incorporates multiple learning styles)
- Get a foot into the environmental, political, and activism spheres!
- Have real-life impact on State and Nationwide legislation
- Opportunities for rapid advancement, increased pay, and manager responsibilities within 2 months
- Opportunities for Director positions after a year.
- Personal/Leadership Development Opportunities to travel within nationwide network of nonprofit organizations
- Long term, Full time employment: 401k, health insurance, paid time off, and sick days
Schedule: Full time: Monday-Friday 2-10:30 PM (not negotiable)/ PT only available upon inquiry
Pay: FTStarting weekly pay: $560/week + performance commission bonus
To apply: please email Rachel (she/her/hers) your resume rzacharczyk(at)citizenscampaign.org or call her at the office (516)3907150