We’re developing the next generation of leaders
You have a unique opportunity to jumpstart your career through hands-on, impactful projects, comprehensive training and development, and exposure to executive leadership, paving the way for a robust career at Citizens Bank.
The Risk Management Development Program (RMDP) is a critical program within the Corporate Risk Division for cultivating talented, young professionals who aspire to be future leaders. As part of this program, you’ll accelerate the development of foundational financial, credit, risk, and statistical analysis skills through a combination of classes, self-study, on-the-job training and business line rotations. Successful candidates will gain technical and industry knowledge and exposure to Consumer and Commercial lending as well as various functions that ensure the safety and soundness of one of the nation’s largest banks. Through exposure to key Citizens Bank business divisions, you will graduate from this program with a strong understanding of the Citizens Bank risk management framework and principles and be well-positioned to become a future risk leader.
NOTE: THIS FULL-TIME PROGRAM BEGINS IN EARLY JUNE 2022
Experience during the program
In this two year program, you will have the opportunity to gain a strong understanding of the Risk Management function at Citizens Bank as well as great insight into the inner workings of a large financial institution. You’ll begin by completing a robust onboarding and training over your first few weeks which will include overviews of risk management functions across the organization. During this time, we will match you with a mentor who will help guide you through the duration of the program.
Then, you’ll continue to gain relevant experience by completing four 6-month rotations within the following risk management functional areas: Credit Risk, Enterprise Risk, Operational Risk and Compliance. During your business line rotations, you could be working on:
- Executing of governance and oversight of the Risk Appetite and Risk Identification and Assessment Frameworks
- Reviewing the performance of various credit models and make recommendations on model effectiveness
- Performing Anti Money Laundering (AML) Model management and Suspicious Activity Reporting (SAR) analytics
- Working with product teams in setting reserves through the Allowance for Losses for Loans and Leases (ALLL) process
- Producing, and further developing, quarterly reporting for use in corporate accounting and investor relations
- Supporting credit policy analyses and monitor the health of product portfolios through analytically driven exercises
- Performing targeted business line or thematic Compliance Assurance Reviews, customer due diligence, and transactional testing reviews
Note: this program is based in Westwood, MA with some potential business line rotations based in Johnston, RI; Providence, RI and Boston, MA.
As an Associate in this program, you’ll also have the opportunity to participate concurrently in Early Career Development Programming (ECDP) – a robust, 4-month program designed to give our new colleagues a strong foundation of Citizens Bank. Through the ECDP, you’ll experience:
- 2-day Orientation with all bank-wide development program colleagues
- Professional development workshops (such as Agile Methodologies and Presence & Presentation)
- Customer and client site visits
- Networking opportunities with senior leadership
- Dedicated community service activities
- Strategic Challenge where you’ll work in small teams to solve for an organizational problem and present your recommendations to a panel of executives
Life after the program
Upon successful completion of the Program, graduates will be placed in a full-time role within Corporate Risk. Past graduates of the RMDP have been placed in the following roles:
- Credit Risk Analyst
- Compliance Officer
- Commercial Risk Analyst
- Quantitative Analyst
Further, you’ll continue to have access to a growing community of Citizens Bank development program alums that will prove to be invaluable throughout your entire career journey! You may also have the opportunity to partner closely with the Program Management team on recruiting related activities as well as future program planning and design.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for self-starters, team players, and strategic thinkers.
To be successful in this program, you’ll need to display strong skills and characteristics including: analytical and critical thinking, communication, data analysis, detail-oriented, initiative, interpersonal, leadership, learning agility, project management, relationship building, strategic mindset, and time management.
What you’ll need to apply
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant major that demonstrates critical thinking skills such as Finance, Economics, Accounting, Decision Sciences, Risk Management, History, Philosophy, etc.
- Expected graduation date of May 2022
- Minimum GPA of 3.00 required (3.50 preferred)
- Knowledge of relational databases and exposure to a statistical software (i.e. SAS, Stata, R, SPSS, or MATLAB required
- Basic knowledge of compliance and implications of regulatory frameworks as well as U.S. and International accounting standards is beneficial
- Internship or other relevant corporate exposure in the financial services industry is preferred
Background qualifications include:
- Please note that U.S. Immigration sponsorship or work visa is not available for this position and candidates must have permanent authorization to work in the U.S.
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: M-F 8:30am – 5pm
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you’ll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.