NEW BEDFORD, MA – Child and Family Services is looking for a full-time Therapeutic Mentor. This position will work with SED (seriously emotionally disturbed) children/adolescents under the age of 21 who are in need of TM services. Services are provided to youth in any setting where the youth resides, such as the home (including foster homes and therapeutic foster homes), and in other community settings such as school, child care centers, respite settings, and other culturally and linguistically appropriate community settings. Therapeutic Mentoring offers structured, one-to-one, strength-based support services between a therapeutic mentor and a youth for the purpose of addressing daily living, social, and communication needs.
Job Code: NBTM01
- 21 years of age or older
- Bachelor’s degree in a human service field from an accredited university and one (1) year experience working with children/adolescents/transition age youth; or
- Associate’s degree in a human services field from an accredited school and one (1) year of experience working with the target population; or
- High school diploma or GED and a minimum of two (2) years of experience working with children/adolescents/transition age youth
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
The following responsibilities are not meant to be all inclusive and may be adjusted to meet the agency’s needs.
- Engages the youth in activities in the community
- Will work the youth in the following areas including: teaching of alternative strategies, role-playing, behavioral rehearsal, skill acquisition in the community, practicing skills in the community, exposure to social situations in which age-appropriate skills can be practiced, enhancing conflict resolution skills, developing communication skills
- Offers services in the youth’s home and community
- Delivers services in accordance with an existing outpatient or In-home therapy treatment plan
- Develops an individualized service plan with the client
- Submits monthly/quarterly summaries, progress notes, and discharge paperwork
- Ensures that appropriate referrals and service coordination takes place
- Heal and strengthen the lives of children and families
- Benefit eligible at 20+ hours
- Medical – Harvard Pilgrim/HealthPlans – 75% employer paid for full-time employees
- Dental – MetLife
- 2 weeks’ vacation accrued over 1st year, 3 weeks after 3 years, 4 weeks after 5 years and 5 weeks after 20 years
- Generous sick time and personal time
- 11 paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement – Up to $1,500 per calendar year
- Professional Licensure reimbursement (LICSW, LMHC)
- Flexible spending accounts – save on medical expenses and dependent care!
- 401K – CFS matches first 1% at 100%; 2%-6% of annual earnings are matched at 50%
- 100% Employer paid Life Insurance
- 100% Employer paid Long Term Disability and AD&D
- 24 hour travel assistance, mileage reimbursement, discounted Healthtrax gym membership, BJs membership discounts and employee appreciation events!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, gender, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.