Salary Range: $62,000.00 To $62,000.00 (USD) Annually
EPIDEMIOLOGIST – JACKSON, MISSISSIPPI
The CDC Foundation helps the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) save and improve lives by unleashing the power of collaboration between CDC, philanthropies, corporations, organizations and individuals to protect the health, safety and security of America and the world. The CDC Foundation is the sole entity authorized by Congress to mobilize philanthropic partners and private-sector resources to support CDC’s critical health protection mission. Since 1995, the CDC Foundation has launched approximately 1,000 programs and has served as a strategic partner to CDC during public health emergencies. This is an outstanding opportunity to work with the nation’s lead agency charged with protecting the public’s health.
The CDC Foundation seeks candidates for a full time Epidemiologist to support the CDC.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with the nation’s lead agency charged with protecting the public’s health. The CDC Foundation offers a competitive salary and attractive benefits package.
· Form a team that is responsible for the daily reporting of COVID-19 case numbers.
Led by Sr MSDH Epi’s, responsibilities will include:
· Data cleansing, analysis, and visualization
· Ad hoc report requests
· Laboratory liaison, and other duties suitable for a public health epidemiologist
· Perform other related duties as required
As a member of the MSDH COVID Communicable Disease Epi Team, the staff member will be part of a highly integrated team. The environment will be intense due to the nature of the COVID virus.
• Familiarity with Excel, PowerBI, public health information systems, lab tech experience, communicable / reportable diseases, and conditions
• State disease reporting laws
• Staff member must have flexibility with duty hours and days.