Do you want to be part of a team that is making a difference in the lives of children, adolescents and their families? Come join our team of talented employees and become part of a vast network of resources! Catholic Charities Maine is a large, statewide, and diverse social service agency. Our Behavioral Health Home services has a Full-Time opening for a Nurse Care Manager out of the Bangor and Fairfield office locations! This unique position will work across various settings, including home and office.
Come join our team of behavioral health home providers, working in a client-centered, integrated care service model. This person will function as a core member of a collaborative care team that includes a Behavioral Health Home Coordinator, Clinical Team Leader, Family Support Worker, child and adolescent psychiatrist, healthcare consultants and primary care partners. As part of our BHH teams, the Nurse Care Manager assists in supporting our clients in achieving their optimal level of health & wellness. The Nurse Care Manager provides support and guidance to the Behavioral Health Team through phone contact directly with patients, participation in weekly group supervision, managing notifications regarding hospitalizations and appropriate follow up with clients, by phone or in person. Experience in the community behavioral health field, demonstrated competence in utilizing technology, and some travel required.
The successful applicant shall demonstrate maturity, initiative, sound judgment, and creativity, a capacity to assume and delegate responsibilities, as well as the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and shall have and maintain a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
Core Components of the Position:
- Participate in weekly group supervisions with the children’s team
- Compose and deliver wellness groups and education to identified clients and/or parents
- Monitor notifications through HealthInfoNet and follow up as appropriate with client, CCM staff & PCP
- Act as a resource for staff seeking information about medical conditions to assist them with treatment plan development and/or support of their clients
- Follow up with clients after discharge from hospitalizations to assure discharge plan is being adhered to, assist with making appointments for follow up as needed
- Monitor labs, x-rays, which may be needed as a result of a client’s diagnosis and advocate with PCP if they have not happened
- Liaison between PCP & BHH
Excellent Benefits include:
- Regular hours, no weekends, no on-call
- 5 weeks of Earned Time (first year!)
- 6 agency holidays
- 401k agency contribution
- Mileage reimbursement
- Electronic Health Record system
- Medical, Dental, Vision, short- and long-term disability, life insurance
- Critical Illness, Accident Insurance
- ADP LifeMart Employee Discount program
- Wellness incentive!
- Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner or Advance Practice Nurse, as defined by the Maine State Board of Nursing.
- Minimum of four (4) years direct service experience working in a healthcare setting, with at least two (2) years experience working directly with individuals, children and adolescents with Severe and Persistent Mental Illness (“SPMI”), Serious Emotional Disturbance (“SED”) or Developmental Disabilities.
- Experience working with underserved, transient populations and clinical co-morbidities (co-occurring mental health, substance abuse, and physical health problems) is preferred
- Previous use of an electronic health record is preferred.
Resumes will be accepted until position is filled.
You may submit your cover letter and resume (indicating the position title) via our website (www.ccmaine.org) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org), fax (207-523-2789), or mail to Human Resources Office, Catholic Charities Maine P.O. Box 10660, Portland, ME 04104.
Catholic Charities Maine is a United Way and EOE/Minorities/Females/Veteran/Disabled Employer. Catholic Charities Maine participates in E-Verify. For more information on E-Verify, please go to: https://www.ccmaine.org