Overview of Position:
This challenging position provides excellent growth and career advancement opportunities in a supportive work environment. The position reports to the Vice President of Finance and will work directly with the CFO, CEO, President, and other key management personnel on a regular basis. This job is considered a stepping stone to higher level roles within the organization.
Alumni of this position have moved onto various finance, operating and sales roles through the company including: Operations Analyst, Operations Manager, Business Development, Division Manager, Director of Finance, Director of Investor Relations, Director of Sales & Marketing, Vice President of Finance, Regional Controller, and Chief Financial Officer.
Although located initially at the company’s headquarters in Rutland, VT, the successful incumbent will have the opportunity for promotions in various field locations. All candidates must be willing to move to a field location in the Northeast within two years. No industry experience is necessary; the position will be focused on projects which will allow the candidate to learn the subtleties of the business.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Financial modeling – Support finance team by building and maintaining pro-forma models for prospective acquisitions, divestitures, and development projects. Assist with due diligence as needed.
- Financial analysis – Support finance team with monthly and quarterly analysis of operating results through variance analysis and operating due diligence.
- Budgeting and forecasting – Support finance team with quarterly forecasting and annual budgeting activities. Learn processes, contribute to specific elements, and assist in the development of new driver-based models.
- Financial projections – Support finance team with the development and modeling of multi-year projections used for strategic planning, debt offerings or rating agency reviews. Assist with developing reporting materials and completing due diligence.
- ESG reporting – Support the finance and sustainability teams by enhancing and evaluating various environmental, social, and governance (ESG) disclosures, key metrics, opportunities, and goals.
Qualifications and experience:
· Bachelor’s degree; MBA or CPA preferred;
· Superior financial and analytical skills;
· Exceptional computer skills and financial modeling experience;
· Resourceful, self-motivated with ability to work in an unstructured environment on multiple projects;
· Strong leadership and interpersonal skills;
· Excellent communication and organizational skills.
Compensation: Excellent salary and benefits. Relocation will be provided.
Start Date: 2022
Contact: Jason Mead, Vice President of Finance
Casella Waste Systems, Inc.
25 Greens Hill Lane
Rutland, VT 05701