Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create, manage and execute e-communications plans to engage various constituents that support organizational goals and drive ROI.
- End-to-end management of external email process workflow and strategy
- Collaborate with Development, Business Development, Marketing and Alumni teams to create e-communications plans.
- Collaborate with other members of the Marketing and Communications and Public Relations teams to develop and optimize content that can be used on all communications channels.
- Provide reporting and utilize data to create ecommunication plans that optimize ROI
- Manage the design and execution of email marketing campaigns from content development to layout, testing, deployment and reporting of identified email marketing campaigns. .
- Facilitate regularly scheduled calls with various departments to inform communication initiatives.
- Manage Caron’s ESP(s) through: Organization and maintenance of constituent records & audiences in Caron’s ESP in collaboration with key staff, regularly update data between Caron’s CRM(s) and ESP(s). Ensuring users/staff in various departments are aware of processes & procedures outlined by Communications team as it relates to email marketing and use of Caron’s ESP(s)
- Manage internal communications workflow.
- Develop content for all channels, including writing and video production for communications initiatives.
- Provide crisis communications support, as needed.
- Help execute social media surround sound initiative with Senior Director of Media Relations and Communications Specialist.
- Back-up, support and work collaboratively with the Corporate Director of Communications and Public Relations as well as other members of the Marketing team.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the task(s) that may be assigned.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift at least 30 pounds
- Flexibility to work non-traditional hours, including weekends
- Ability to sit and type for 85% of the workday
- Travel as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications or related discipline
- 5-7 years of communications including internal communications and some social media
- At least 5 years working with an email service provider (ESP)
- Project management experience
- At least one-year agency experience preferred
- If in recovery, two years of continuous sobriety preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent grammar and proofreading skills, with the ability to write long copy, social content a plus
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple assignments with competing priorities
- Strong understanding of the role of internal communications
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with non-traditional media
- Ability to negotiate customer’s expectations to timelines and budgets
- Good communications and interpersonal skills required (both written and verbal)
- PC compatible knowledge of the following programs: Word, Adobe Acrobat, Excel
- Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and video editing experience a plus