The Cap Corps ER Nurse Assistant provides clinical support by assisting in all capacities of patient care:
- Checking patients vital signs, running EKG’s, connecting patients to heart monitors
- Providing for patient needs, including helping patients into gowns and serving snacks
- Transporting patients to exams and appointments within the hospital
- Stocking supplies.
- Preparing patient recovery rooms
- Assisting in patient registration
- Supporting the ER staff as needed during emergencies; must be willing and able to follow directions as well as respond without direct instruction.
- Ideal as a gap year position for someone going to medical, PA, or nursing school
Benefits include monthly personal & community stipends, a commute stipend, health insurance, housing, utilities, year end award, retreats, spiritual direction, training, work experience, professional growth & networks, and game changing relationships with the friars and one another.