Office Manager – Job Description
Position: Year-Round Office Manager
Purpose: To manage the varied office duties related to Camp Waziyatah.
Salary: $36,000 – $40,000
Camp Waziyatah is the #1 rated children’s summer camp in Maine. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who loves what camp offers to children and the great outdoors. Wazi is looking for a true team member who can enjoy the love, the joy, and the friendship of camp and be an important part of our staff for years to come. Camp Waziyatah has a small group of employees who have a great camaraderie. The camp industry is fulfilling and you know the work you are doing is making a difference in the lives on hundreds of kids every year. Camp Waziyatah is an equal opportunity employer.
JOB DESCRIPTION: This is a year-round, full time, salaried position. We are seeking an energetic, positive, proactive person able to assist the Camp Director and camp parents. Must be able to handle multiple items at one time, fully capable of researching options and alternatives on the Internet, excellent communication and writing skills, with a good working understanding of Word and Excel. Experience in office work, executive assistant, front office, or equivalent experience required. Our main office location is in Charlestown, Massachusetts but requires a summer relocation to Waterford, Maine for the months of June – August. During the summer camp season, room and board will be included.
- Receive all incoming inquiries via telephone, email, and website chat
- Help parents with registration and payment processes
- Responsible for all bill payment and document filing
- Manage the Director’s schedule
- General assistant duties for the Director
- Actively handle multiple camp related projects/tasks
- Migrate office to and from Boston/Camp
- Organize mass mailers, including regular brochure packets to prospective families
- Perform other as-needed administrative tasks
- Support colleagues as necessary throughout the year
Wednesday work from home.
1hr lunch break daily
Six day week (varying day off) 9am-6pm
1hr lunch break daily
- Office calls will be forwarded to your cell phone
- Must be available to spend the summer in Maine (June 1 – Aug 30)
- Previous office manager experience required