BROCKTON NEIGHBORHOOD HEALTH CENTER
63 MAIN STREET
BROCKTON, MA 02301
JOB TITLE: Community Health Worker – Team Up
SUPERVISOR: Program Manager of Community Health
CHW will provide prevention and outreach strategies to at risk patients. He/she will be a member of the CCM team with a nurses and patients PCP. He/she will work also with community partners to coordinate assessment, referral management and programming consistent with evidence-based clinical research designed to provide long term behavioral change that promotes chronic disease risk reduction. Strategies include integration within primary care teams, group level and individual level interventions which could be delivered in multiple locations in clinical and community settings.
1. Work with community partners to assess populations at risk and to develop and implement strategies for providing prevention, education, and support to identified populations, both individuals and groups.
2. Provide basic education, screening, brief intervention and/or facilitate referrals to other partner, health center or community-based resources.
3. Provide basic education, screening, brief behavioral interventions and/or facilitate referrals to other health center or community-based resources
4. Assist and support clients, community members and consumers with access to primary care, and wellness programs.
5. Train on and facilitate offering such as Stanford Chronic Disease Self-Management Program..
6. Assist with the development of appropriate referrals for clients in need of services as well as track the referral and intervention outcomes for the grant accountability.
7. Facilitate educational groups in the community where appropriate to advance patient outreach and engagement.
8. Coordinate with clinical staff, CCM nurse as appropriate to optimize outreach and intervention success.
9. Complete all necessary paperwork and documentation within the electronic health record, and the CVS determined data repository in a timely and accurate fashion —
1.High School diploma or equivalent required. Prior training as Community Health Worker required.
2. Experience in the field of health and wellness, fitness, nutrition, disease prevention, etc preferred.
3. Demonstrates a level of comfort with diverse populations, particularly those with multiple psychological, social, economic, and cultural/language barriers.
4. Self-directed, flexible, excellent teaching and interpersonal skills..
5. Demonstrates ability to strictly adhere to confidentiality requirements
6. Demonstrates strong attention to detail with excellent record-keeping skills.
7. Has reliable transportation and valid MA driver’s license.
8. Resident of Greater Brockton area
9. Must be Bilingual
Hours: Full-Time, 40 hours weekly