$3K Sign-On Bonus!
Brigham and Women’s Hospital is hiring Medical Technologists! We presently have openings in all of our benches– Blood Bank, Microbiology, Chemistry, Immunology, and Hematology. Please indicate your desired area and shift in your cover letter or resume. ASCP certification or eligible candidates are strongly preferred.
The Medical Technologist, in their role as Testing Personnel and General Supervisor as defined by CLIA, may be delegated the responsibility of the technical oversight of the chemistry laboratory including the day-to-day supervision or oversight of the laboratory operation and personnel performing testing and reporting results.
Under general supervision, carries out all policies and performs all tests in accordance with the department’s standard operating procedures. Works independently in an efficient and organized manner to assure accurate results and records. Assists with training of staff. The work requires a professional level of knowledge to read and interpret accurately test results used by providers in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases.
- Must possess a minimum of a Bachelor of Science Degree in Medical Technology or Chemical, Physical, or biological science from an accredited college or university OR
- Other qualifications as described in the Federal Register, 42 CFR, Subpart M 493.1403 – 1495.
- ASCP certification or equivalent preferred.
- Previous experience as a Medical Technologist.
- If an internal candidate, evaluated at a score no lower than ‘Effective’ for the past two performance evaluations.
- Busy, stressful clinical laboratory environment.
- Exposure to infectious blood, urine, and other body fluids
- Work requires frequent standing, walking and/or occasional lifting or carrying of supplies.
- Noise level is high due to continuous operation of lab equipment.