Located in lively downtown New Bedford with scenic views of the ocean, Brandon Woods New Bedford is a skilled nursing facility offering long-term, short-term and subacute care, as well as rehab and our own Adult Day Health Center. We also have services dedicated to Alzheimer’s care and the needs specific to this diagnosis. We offer daily programming that encourages our residents and Day Center participants to remain active, social and independent to whatever degree achievable.
Our passion for ensuring that our seniors retain a fulfilling quality of life while we provide optimal care is second to none. If you share this passion and appreciate the rewarding feeling that comes from knowing you’ve made a positive impact on the lives of our elderly population and their families, then we would love to hear from you as soon as possible.
We are looking for an energetic Assistant Director of Nursing Services to add to our reputable nursing team. The right candidate will be enthusiastic and passionate about making sure our residents receive the absolute best care in accordance with our high standards.
As a valued employee and member of our health care family, you will enjoy:
Competitive Salary – Health Insurance – Dental Insurance – Life Insurance – Short Term Disability – Long Term Disability – 401(k) – Paid Vacation – Paid Holidays – Sick Time
The Assistant Director of Nursing is a supervisory position responsible for nursing operations and to the Director of Nursing.
- Assists the Director of Nursing in planning and implementing the total program of nursing services. Represents the Director of Nursing when delegated to do so in his/her absence.
- Assumes responsibility for being on call as deemed necessary by Director of Nursing; carries a company cellphone.
- Supervises and evaluates personnel in order to provide optimum resident care and to maintain quality of service that will be in accordance with the standards set forth by nursing services and the facility. Reviews work performance to determine conformance to recognized standards
- Evaluates productivity, work efficiency, and standards of professional proficiency of all nursing personnel. Has significant input in the hiring and firing and/or change in status of all nursing personnel.
- Possesses knowledge of rules, regulations, and policies governing the nursing operation of the facility. Communicates policies to the nursing personnel. Maintains standards of the facility and sees that all policies are enforced
- EDUCATION: Graduation from an accredited, approved school of nursing. Current registration with State Board of Nurse Examiners. Advanced preparation in administrative nursing techniques, including ward management and principles of supervision. Ability to speak, read and write English. Ability to follow written and oral direction.
EO Disability/Vet Employer