Company Overview: Brady Corporation is an international manufacturer and marketer of complete solutions that identify and protect people, products and places. Brady’s products help customers increase safety, security, productivity and performance and include high-performance labels, signs, safety devices, printing systems and software. Founded in 1914, the Company has a diverse customer base in electronics, telecommunications, manufacturing, electrical, construction, medical, aerospace and a variety of other industries. Brady is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and as of July 31, 2020, employed approximately 5,400 people in its worldwide business. Brady’s fiscal 2020 sales were approximately $1.08 billion. Brady stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol BRC. More information is available on the Internet at www.bradycorp.com.
Work Place Safety (WPS) Americas is a platform of Brady Corporation. WPS consists of workplace safety and compliance products, which include informational signs, tags, security, first aid supplies, material handling, asset identification, safety and facility identification and workplace regulatory products. These products are sold under multiple brands names such as: Emedco, Seton, Clement, Champion and Personnel Concepts; through catalog, telemarketing, and ecommerce.
Position Summary: * POSITION IS IN CHICAGO – EVENTUALLY WILL BE IN OFFICE*
The Marketing Data Science Analyst plays a key role in the success of Direct Mail and Multi-Channel Marketing efforts by providing analysis, reporting and recommendations to the Channel Marketing Team and NA business leaders. This role will collaborate with global data scientists to ensure synchrony in data analysis across the organization. The candidate is expected to bring a significant analytical mindset to explore complex business problems and communicate meaningful insights regarding customer retention and acquisition efforts. Also expected is the ability to identify opportunities and evaluate effectiveness of current programs. A truly data driven mindset will drive timely delivery of actionable results across all channel marketing efforts in North America to help grow customer retention and acquisition within Brady Corporation’s North American Workplace Safety Businesses. This role reports into the Director of Channel Marketing, North America.
Including, but not limited to:
- Work across cross-functional teams to participate in executing direct mail and multi-channel campaigns and tracking results of such campaigns
- Work with marketing team to increase customer retention rates: on a segment basis, analyze, plan and coordinate activities designed to optimize customer lifetime value and retention
- Provide reporting solutions to evaluate and analyze customer contact plans across mail pieces, email and telemarketing campaigns to drive effective business decision making
- Pair knowledge of customer data, structures, and business rules, with an understanding of business needs to identify opportunities for new programs
- Work with global data, marketing, digital and sales teams to generate actionable insights on all channels of marketing and their contribution to overall company growth
- Pair knowledge of customer data, structures, and business rules, with an understanding of business needs to identify opportunities for new programs and support integration of new data elements and systems
- Research and evaluate advanced statistical and machine learning models, emerging tools and technologies in reporting, analytics and data science.
- Participate in marketing database, customer data platform (CDP) and any other cross-functional projects as a subject matter expert on data science.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years’ experience in relevant areas of database programming, data science and analytics required
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to prioritize tasks and function well in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates programming skills in R, Python, SQL and SAS.
- Experience analyzing multi-channel marketing campaigns involving A/B testing, multivariate testing, and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge in advanced analytics concepts and algorithms (e.g., machine learning, statistical learning, Bayesian methods, neural networks, natural language processing, etc.)
- Strategic thinker with the ability to analyze data to make decisions.
- Strong attention to detail, with an innovative problem-solving mindset
- Inclination to pick up new technologies, tools and languages
- Versatile interpersonal and communication style with ability to communicate at multiple levels
- Proven ability to work in a matrix environment and collaborate with different marketing teams on business goals and objectives
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Domo, Power BI and Tableau is preferred.
- Experience with Data Science in the cloud (AWS, Azure, Google) is preferred
Our company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal “EEO is the Law” poster at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf