The Marketing & Development Coordinator is responsible for identifying and creating opportunities to build public awareness of the Club, coordinate social media platforms and website, and manage special event logistics. This position is also involved in connecting with corporations, civic organizations, and other community partners to reach departmental goals. The Coordinator works closely with the Director of Resource Development, as well as Club Directors, to plan and execute special events and marketing initiatives that meet program and fundraising goals. Knowledge of graphic design and/or marketing skills will be critical in this position.
Marketing & Communications
- Develops and manages strategic, intentional, comprehensive communication and marketing plans,
- Develops and maintains a master content calendar supporting the overarching strategy,
- Actively seeks or creates opportunities that build public awareness, appreciation, and support of Club programs, services and activities in the greater community,
- Helps to promote events that focus on Club activities, inspire community support, and generate revenue,
- Ensures a consistently superior public relations product is executed, to include newsletters, fact sheets, PSA’s, brochures, flyers, and annual reports,
- Builds relationships with media contacts and coordinates media coverage and interviews where appropriate,
- Creates marketing materials, event marketing, social media strategy, and website updates,
- Serves as the voice of the Club and identifies opportunities to bring the Club story to the community.
- Collaborates with the Director of Resource Development in all stages of planning and executing special events,
- Manages all communications with event vendors, volunteers, and portfolio of donors or sponsors,
- Assist in identifying and recruiting corporate sponsors to underwrite event expenses or to donate auction items, in-kind services, or cash to minimize event expenses,
- Actively promotes the various ways donors can support the Club – including planned giving, restricted contributions, monthly and recurring donations, and in kind gifts,
- Manage our online fundraising efforts as an integrated component of our digital and social media strategy,
- Collaborate on donor relations strategies to upgrade current donors, convert social media followers to donors and acquire new donors.
- Experience in public relations, marketing, graphic design, or community engagement is preferred,
- Polished professional presence with exceptional verbal and written communication skills,
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, multi-task, adapt to shifting priorities, and work on a team,
- Experience with web design elements and design software,
- Knowledge of digital marketing and social media strategy,
- Knowledge of design software, such as Canva or Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and Premiere Pro is preferred. Experience with WordPress and donor management software is preferred.