Job Title: HR Generalist
Hours: Regular Full-Time (35 hours), M-F 9:00AM- 5:00PM
Benefits: Insurance – Medical, Dental, Vision, Pet, 403(B), T-Pass and so much more!!
Boston Senior Home Care is a private, nonprofit organization that provides case management, person-centered care planning, home care and long term services and supports to those who wish to remain in the community but require assistance to do so. One of 26 Aging Services Access Points (ASAPs) in Massachusetts, Boston Senior Home Care is committed to providing the best assistance possible for those in need. Although the majority of the people we assist are over age 60, we offer long term services and supports for children and young adults. We also provide programs and education initiatives for those serving as caregivers and information about maintaining a healthy lifestyle and controlling chronic disease at any age. We are proud of our organization, our staff, and the people we serve. We have been a part of the Boston community for more than 40 years and we love what we do.
We are located in Downtown Boston right off the South Station. So if you are motivated to contribute to the society, looking for a place to learn and grow with a great organization, apply and schedule a quick call with us!
Summary of the Job
Under the direction of the Human Resources Manager, the HR Generalist will provide exceptional human resources services in support of all operations across Agency divisions and departments. Responsibilities will include complex and routine work in all functional areas of HR. The HR Generalist is a dedicated individual who supports the HR team in resolving employee inquiries and complaints and will have a solid understanding of all HR functions. The Generalist is an important member of the HR team’s service component, focused on providing excellent customer service to our staff. In addition, the HR Generalist also supports benefits and employee relations, and provides administrative support with the day-to-day activities of the HR team. The incumbent is required to assist in other areas of the HR function, including projects and other HR related tasks as required.
Some the responsibilities include but not limited to are:
- Works closely with the HR Manager in the management of benefits and employee relations activities.
- Ensures Diversity, and Inclusion goals are clearly communicated, met, and present in the performance of all job duties.
- Provides administrative support to the CHRO and HR Manager.
- Assists with the delivery of training and development activities.
- Assist with the development and implementation of staff training and development opportunities; administers the Agency’s employee reward and recognition program.
- Assists the HR Manager with management of the Agency’s benefits and benefits vendors.
- Assists the HR Manager with responding to employee benefits and vendor issues, and provides solutions to the same.
- Communicates with employees about resolving issues that relate to the employment experience.
Our IDEAL candidate would have
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business or related field, Bachelor; and 2 -3 years’ experience in an HR Generalist role.
- Strong understanding of federal and state employment and labor laws and its impacts on Benefits, Payroll and Employee Relations functions.
- Strong communication, verbal and written, as well as strong relationship building skills are required.
- Exceptional problem-solving and expert decision-making skills a must.
- Tech friendly and familiar with Paycom Human Resources Information Systems
- Possesses excellent organizational skills and must be detailed oriented.
- Ability to work with and maintain sensitive and confidential information required.
- Excellent customer service skills, ability to actively contribute as a team player..
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
- Must clear CORI background check
- Must be able to work in the United States
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled – Boston Senior Home Care affirms and supports diversity and inclusion in our workforce and recognizes all EEOC Factors.
Click below to apply and learn more about the role. The BSHC team looks forward to meeting you!
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.